Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Why I scrap ...

[Fonts: Century, Century Gothic.]

Just a quick reminder to ME tonight of why I actually scrap ... for my family! Such fun to have my family wander up behind me as I work, eager to see what photo gems I have found ... to see what nice (or norty!) things I am saying about them.

Officially on holidays now ... I snuck off from school a little early today, with the principal's permission, which sorta took the fun out of the whole experience, lol. DH was home, filled up with antibiotics and painkillers as a direct result of a nasty abcess on a cracked tooth, and although he was out to it most of the day, I was happy to leave the kids with him. They were so good ... Tash made lunch for them both, and pottered around occupying herself quietly for most of the day. The boy zoned out on his toys, only pausing every now and then to empty the fridge AND cupboards when the pangs of hunger became overwhelming. I found NO apples in the fridge, and at least three empty packets of dried noodles, and an empty biscuit barrel. I guess I don't have to wonder too hard what he was up to. Food shopping tomorrow, I think, lol.

Although I enjoyed my babies immensely when they were little and very cute, I am loving this age, when they are so independent, and responsible for their own actions. Of course, this responsibility doesn't spill over into the 'keeping my room tidy' and 'not stirring my brother/sister up', but we are working on that.

Now Megan, good time for you to walk away from the moniter, and perhaps get yourself a coffee. It is shock time ...

Well, I warned you! I got on the treadmill today. Yes, we have one that sits in the corner of our loungeroom (at the moment!) that is put to enthusiastic use by two of our family members, somewhat reluctant use by another member of the family, and absolutely NO use by me. So today, as it was the first day of the holidays, and I am setting the boy a good example, I hopped into my sports gear and started walking.

I should share with you before we go any further ... I find exercise mind-numbingly boring. So I walked with the tv on ... then the sports news came on, and I was even more bored. So I started fiddling with the controls. I upped the speed till I was walking as fast as I could without running. Still bored. So then I played with the incline settings and walked quickly up mountains. Still bored. So then I ran. For half a kilometre. I was determined to get 2 kms done as quickly as possible, so 20 mins later, I clicked over 2 km, and GOT OFF. It's just so mind-numbingly BORING. If only I could think of a way to digiscrap AND walk ... more next time!

6 Comments:

Blogger lynne said...

Gorgeous layout! I love it when my kids see me scrapping and stop and just look. They know they are important to me and that just reinstates the fact.

You need an exercise buddy! That's what gets me going. Someone you can chat with and the time will fly by. If I'm alone, I have my ipod full of various music. Good luck with your exercise, you can do it and make sure you reward yourself too!

9:56 pm  
Blogger Jodie said...

Hey Sharon I read a post on DST where someone had made a tray to fit on their treadmill, then they sat there laptop on the tray and browsed the web whilst walking :)
Now would that relieve some of the boredom.

Gorgeous layout. OMG how much has Michael grown in two short years.

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh be still my beating heart.... I know what a sacrifice it would be for you to get on the treadmill! However I'm very impressed and proud of you for doing it! I can't believe how much Michael has grown in that time, he looks so little there compared to now!

3:11 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Music and nice and loud and fast paced usually gets me through the total boredom!

Oh and very cool layout, will have to try something like that myself!

4:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funnt..I dont mind walking, just resent the time it takes me away from other things. I am a do three or more thnigs at once type..lol.
Anyway here I am..on my walker...reading your blog. I have a10inch Sony ..sits up on the book rest, with some string around ( just in case) and the screen almost lays flat. So I read all my daily blogs, catch up on my emails and check out the galleries, I am even walking for 2 hours most days. Two hours i would have just sat. So now when i am sitting i am scrapping not just surfing. Hope you can make it work for you!
I am now looking into voice recognition software...so i can do more on here,..lol
cheers Serene

5:10 pm  
Blogger Emilie said...

Gorgeous LO Sharon!! ;)

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home