Saturday, September 09, 2006

Feeling blue?

[Storyboard 7 from Snow White and the Seven Storyboards, by Lanne. Font: Typist.]

I went on an adventure today ... I went to a flower festival a week early, because the flowers don't read the signs, and don't know when they are supposed to bloom, and in the middle of the festival proper, you can't move for wall-to-wall tourists. So we usually go a week early and enjoy the flowers in peace and quiet. Because we are suffering the ill effects of a drought, the flowers weren't quite as good as they usually are ...

... but hey, they were still beautiful! I went on a photography trip with Lanne, and we included coffee, cake and lunch! We basically wandered with our cameras, chatted, relaxed and had a ball. So much fun that we think we might make it a regular event on our calendars ... meet up at least once every couple of months and do a 'photography' day!

Once last shot for the day ... not flowers, I know ... ducks taking off at a great rate. Enjoy your weekend, one and all. More next time ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful day! And.. certain to be a repeated event on my calendar.

What more could a girl ask for.. good company... good food, good coffee, good humour.. and photography!

Make sure you drop back and catch some more of her beautiful work! I have seen a sneak peek..LOL

10:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What stunning photographs, Sharon! Yes, agreed... you and Lanne should do this regularly so we all get to see your pics! :) Here's to a great weekend!

2:22 am  
Blogger Audrey said...

Wow, those are some absolutely breathtaking photos!!! Love 'em all!!

5:55 am  
Blogger Jodie said...

Stunning photos Sharon... sounds like a wonderful day.

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home