Should have stayed in bed ...
(Layout credits - Field Guide is a free kit by Katie Pertiet from the new issue of Digital Scrapbooking Magazine. Messy Cream Stitches from DesignerDigitals. Font: Angelina, Century Gothic.)Ever have one of those days, when it would have been a better idea to pull the sheet up over your head, and just stay there for the rest of the day, out of harm’s way? I had one of those days today, and looking back now, it all seems rather amusing.
The day started at 5.30 am … sharp … with a phone call. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I don’t really function at all till I’ve been up for an hour or so … rather rude awakening for me at that hour of the day. It was my MIL wanting to know if we were going surfing! Apparently we were …
First stop just down the road to fill up with petrol … of course the credit card facilities broke down just as I walked in to pay, without any cash or means of getting any. Twenty minutes later, we managed to sort something out and get on our way.
Twenty minutes more down the road, it pours with rain. Don’t know about you, but an early Sunday morning start sitting on the beach in the rain is not my idea of a fun time.
The surf is nasty; waves aren’t pumping, rips everywhere. Michael cuts his toe on a rock. Handle of my umbrella breaks off, so into the bin with the umbrella. Did I mention it was still raining?
We head back to the car, and Doug puts the two surfboards up on the roof racks and turns to get out of his wetsuit before tying the boards on the roof ... a big puff of wind blows one of the surfboards off the roof, and onto the road in front of on-coming traffic, snapping one of the fins off the board.
We stand in line at Maccas for TWENTY minutes waiting to get served. Grrrrr! Somedays, best not to get out of bed …
But the flip side is I got to play and create this afternoon, and got to dabble in some of Tracy Ann’s beautiful schtuff. Here is something I am very happy with …
(Layout credits - Papers and elements from 'Fabrications', by Tracy Ann Designs. Messy Cream Stitching from DesignerDigitals. Font: Times New Roman.) More next time ...


3 Comments:
Oh, you poor lot... I know what those days feel like!! Hope that it is better for you during the week - meanwhile your new layouts are just gorgeous, as always!!
What a crappy ol' day! I would NOT be happy with a phone call from my MIL at that hour of the morning. I hope you were able to get some Gloria's when you went to Maccas to brighten your spirits and ease the tension.. love the layout and of course Elizabth ALWAYS looks so darn cute in every photo.
Aww that is too much!
No surfing this weekend coming.. you need to head out for a nice breakfast...and relax!
Post a Comment
<< Home