Creativity angst!
Is it just me or is this creativity business a bit of a stressful thing? I haven’t discussed this in great detail with any of my digi friends, but I am beginning to think that creating layouts is a bit frightening! Each layout I finish and post … I seriously think to myself, ‘What if that was the last one I ever do? What if I can’t think of anything new or interesting to do? What if I lose my sense of colour and placement overnight? What if I have a limited number of layouts in me, and that was the last one?’
Truly a frightening thought, don’t you think? And sometimes I sit at the computer for a day or two and absolutely nothing happens … and then the panic sets in … all my design teams are going to think I’ve fallen off the edge of the earth, and they’ll dump me, and everyone will think I am a ‘one layout wonder’ … Oh dear, perhaps it is only me that feels that way, lol! Now I’m beginning to really scare myself … So, just in case this is my last layout … I must tell you I like the pretty papers and elements in this little number … so enjoy!
Truly a frightening thought, don’t you think? And sometimes I sit at the computer for a day or two and absolutely nothing happens … and then the panic sets in … all my design teams are going to think I’ve fallen off the edge of the earth, and they’ll dump me, and everyone will think I am a ‘one layout wonder’ … Oh dear, perhaps it is only me that feels that way, lol! Now I’m beginning to really scare myself … So, just in case this is my last layout … I must tell you I like the pretty papers and elements in this little number … so enjoy!
(Layout credits - Schmootzy Frames 1 by Michelle Coleman. Paper from Brighton, elements from Old World by Tracy Ann. Font: Dream Orphans, Two Century MT.)
Just in case you would like to see the kit that these pretties came in, it is below ...



8 Comments:
I know exactly where you are coming from Sharon!! Sometimes the pressure to produce all these layouts really gets to me too - I want to produce the same quality of layout for all my DT's. but sometimes I worry too much about them and it really gets me down. Also I am a comment junkie, and if people dont comment on my layouts I feel like a real failure.
Hehehe oh, yes. VERY INNOCENT!
I know exactly how you feel, the "performance anxiety" is frightening sometimes. Although, I think that it's worse when someone knows you're doing something... than if no-one knows, then if it takes a bit longer/ends up looking different, who's to guess....
And yes, I'm sure you're not a one layout wonder. Anyone who can actually RUN OUT of photos, can't be a one layout gal.... try 1000 instead!!
What a beautiful kit and layout!
I had to resign from SBB's team because I lost the scrapping bug. When it came time to do layouts for the featured products, I would freak out. I decided to place all that energy into my photography and when the scrapping bug comes back to me (which I know it will), I'll have some photos to scrap.
Good luck and I hope you continue with your wonderful scrapping 'cause I enjoy it!
Oh I really don't think you'll ever run out of creativity Sharon:D Nothing to worry about there!! Me on the other hand~sigh...sometimes, like NOW for instance~I lose my mojo. Hope it comes creeping back soon.
As always this is GORGEOUS layout!!
You are not a one layout wonder.. you have LOTS of LOs! So you cant be!
You are a shocking influence.. grins.. and we all know it is not your fault if i buy things, but you do tempt me and blaming it is easy! (Sharon MADE me buy these things!) LOL
and lets face it .. you could always use one of your old designs, in new papers.. and most of us wouldn't even know! but if the pressure does get too much you might need cake/ coffee and some shopping to be inspired.. or worst case reduce your design team workload. :(
ROFLMAO - Sharon and Innocent.. why do these two words NOT go together :P hehe
Love love love the new layout - and if it is your last one - highly doubt that though - it's a smashing good layout for a 'last'!
I go through creative funks all the time...sometimes im more creative at my professional design and sometimes my personal...im sure all the great artists had bad days, right?
that layout is gorgous...love the elegance to it!
OMG, this is a fabulous kit!!! Oh great, now I have to go buy it, lol. Thanks for sharing Sharon!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home