the best laid plans of mums and munchkins ...
I had plans today … well-laid plans that came to naught, lol! I had coffee and a Gold Class movie in the works, but mums don’t always get what they want, you know. A cherub got very burnt yesterday, enjoying the Australia Day festivities and stayed home to recover today. (Not one of my cherubs, btw, mine were at school where all good cherubs should be on school days.) So my partner in crime did the motherly thing … had coffee with me, then raced home to wipe the sunburnt brow … and eyelids, and arms, and back, and so on.Fortunately, I had a reserve plan up my sleeve, much to the distress of DH’s bankcard. I bought a router, to set up the wireless network for our laptops, now that cable flows wild and free through our home. And then I thought I should stock up on photo paper and a complete set of spare inks. Then I wandered past the unmentionables section in David Jones … no, we won’t go there, gentle reader!!! Then I found some nice albums at Photo Continental … wasn’t hard to amuse myself.
I tried to set up the router myself, but got stuck at IP address and secret codes and that sort of stuff, so finally gave in and asked an IT expert (thanks, Freddy!) and he set it up with the minimum of fuss while I watched at a distance … if I sat next to him, I would be distracting him and taking the mouse off him all the time, lol! The teacher in me coming out, I guess!!! So happy end to my day … I downloaded a trial version of NetNanny, but even with the security settings on the lowest possible setting, I can’t even open SBB, lol! And a girl can’t live without her daily SBB hit! More next time ...


5 Comments:
Yummmm..... shopping....
Congrats on the wireless, and all your other little shopping finds!!
Love love love those pictures!
Oh that kind of shopping is FUN:) LOVE your photos too~as ALWAYS!!
These photos are too cool, love your framing of them too!
Sharon.... you have done it!
You have moved so far from the dark days of dial up! Wireless cable! ahhhhh I am smiling for you!
and I can not wait to play dualling downloads! LOL
WOW Sharon, gorgeous photos, I am amazed every time I see your photography (I mean I shouldn't be by now) but seriously I get a little catch in my breath when ever I see it - Geesh you should sell your photos!!!
Wireless, isn't it a grand thing - we went wireless with the move and I am just waiting on my new laptop - yippee!!! Now I can even sit on the toilet to scrap (not that I would ever do that, lol).
Post a Comment
<< Home