'nother post for today!
This is for you, Lanne ... just to assure you that yes, it was a fun birthday last Thursday and yes, I got presents. I arrived at work early, and didn't end up going where I usually go, so stuffed up plans of certain peoples who thought they were going to decorate my place of employment with balloons and signs while I was out of the way. So instead I helped them decorate my office ... twas fun! I should have thought to take my camera, but didn't.Surprise two was a lovely pamper box from Miss M ... nice blue and pink nighty for lounging around while I play on the 'puter, body wash, body butter, pink nailpolish and lots of chockies!!! Beautifully packaged in a gorgeous pink and white box tied up with a silver ribbon. Another friend gave me a cute teddy bear surrounded by my favourite chocolates ... are you sensing a chocolate theme here?
Surprise three, a lovely big cake that we cut up at lunchtime and shared with the staff at work. And no, it wasn't chocolate ... my assistant gets migraines if she eats chocolate so the cake was something else yummy.
My BIG present from my family was broadband cable, and yes it was a 'proper' present, one that I really, really wanted ... you would only really understand my sentiments about this if you had suffered on dial-up for literally years before being able to switch across.
My mum made me a (chocolate) cake and it was duly presented today with one of those special candles that sing. When it started to drive us crazy (we couldn't 'turn it off'!) we drowned it in a cup of water. It sang on, regardless. We popped the cup in the freezer, and an hour later, it was still pathetically whining away, embeded in ice. Michael rescued it, deeming us being unnecessarily cruel to the candle, but unfortunately it died soon after, lol!
And Friday I hit the shops feet running and bought a gorgeous skirt and top and earrings to match ... all in all, it was worth having a birthday, lol! So does that meet with your approval, Miss L? See, we OLD ladies know how to have a good time ... party, party, party!!! More next time ...


4 Comments:
It was a fun day,and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have any of the chocolates made it to the weekend or have they been scoffed already?
Anytime you wanna party I'll be there : )
Sounds like a lovely party and day! I am pleased you were spoilt..
Now my only real concern is.. for doug....
Is that a diamante studded G string in the back of that photo.. the poor boy.. his heart will not cope!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Wow, happy birthday! Blogger has been acting weird, so I hope this posts. looks like you got alot of good stuff, how exciting.
Oh aren't birthdays fun!!! Sounds like you had a great one (and shopping on your birthday is always an awesome treat). Happy Belated Sharon!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home