'Fess up, now!
(Credits: Papers from Gypsy Dreams and Winter Wonderland, stitching and flowers from Mary Jane, Schmootzy frame, all from ScrapArtist. Font: P22 Garamouche, Century Gothic.)Fess up ... you smiled when you saw this photo of Tashy, didn't you? I think it is such a funny photo, and I've used it for Week 4 of the 'Simply You' challenge at ScrapArtist. Don't quite know what happened to Week 2 & 3 ... I seem to have 'forgotten' to do them, but I'm gonna catch up, really I am. Honest Injun ...
(Layout credits - Scrolls from Scrolls, ribbons from Caramel Paper and Ribbons, staples from Olde World, all by Tracy Ann Designs. Fonts: Two Century MT, Dream Orphans.)I do love scrolls, but they are not the easiest elements to work with, I think. You need to find the right place for them, make them into the right size, and work out the right opacity for them … and it’s not always as easy as it sounds. I do admire artists who make it seem easy, because it’s not … like most things in the digi-world. Sometimes it is harder to make schtuff look simple and elegant, I think.
Well, Happy Australia Day everyone! We did the patriotic thing and went to the beach early, though we did leave the frantic flag-waving to the family setting up on the beach next to us. They came complete with at least three families, a big dog who dug up the patch of sand and grass he was secured on, and decorated the beach with doggy reminders that his family pointedly ignored, and a mother who smoked all over me and her children. What are people thinking? If I wanted to smoke, I would buy my own cigarettes, but as it is, I choose not to, and prefer to breathe my air unpolluted by second-hand smoke. Phew!!! Moving right along …
Did you know that the smart people who sell things along the beach have come up with a best-selling idea? They have opened a Gloria Jeans’ (yummy coffee and treats!) right next to MacDonalds? Hmmm … ‘Dad, I think the kids deserve a treat … a cone and drink perhaps? Oh, and look … a GJ right next door. I’ll just nip in and pick up a little something!’ Done deal … in a matter of seconds!!!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend … more next time!


4 Comments:
Happy Australia Day babe... sounds like you had fun except for the smoke and the dog. Love the layouts and the little swirlies, I'm envious that you have been scrapping and creating. I miss my 'puter dreadfully. Might have to come to your house for a digi scrapping fix : )
Oh, your layouts look Awesome... and I couldn't agree with you more. That's actually the next topic in my lecture series... how what we do ISN'T as easy as they all think... and if it IS then they are doing it wrong.
Stay tuned!!
ha, yes i did laugh, busted! sounds like you had quite a day...i can't stand disrespect and ignorance from other people..not cleaning up after you dog, and smoking in close quarters with others. I mean come on people! Let sharon have a peacful day at the beach!
Love the tones on the Beauty layout of Tashy, gorgeous.
Ok, back to work
Ahhhh, Happy Australia Day to you too Sharon. I was just chatting with another Australian Digi girl "Trish Jones" about my son's new teacher (who is also from Australia - she is on a 1 year teaching exchange with his grade 1 teacher) and today in his class they celebrated Australia day. She made all kinds of goodies for them to eat (of course I can't find the paper where the names of them were written down so I could tell you what they ate and then have you go - oh yes, make that all the time, lol). When I find it I will post the names of the treats they got to eat today.
Hope you and your family had an awesome day (minus the doggy poo and 2nd hand smoke, lol)!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home