Moving right into ...
… the Christmas season! Finally got into gear and put the tree up, help of a dad lying on the lounge and an over-enthusiastic daughter. This is the last year for this tree, as it is just about ready to keep over from old age, and most of its pine needles fell off at the end of last autumn in protest at the thought of the coming Christmas season!!! It is a bit sad looking, even with all the decorations on, so we will invest in a new one when the post Christmas sales are on. Good plan, huh?DH said the tree was overburdened with decorations, but what would he know? I ask you!!! I will take some photos tonight, when it is dark, and the lights are on. Till then, you will be treated to the above collection of pretties. I took one look at my black wrought iron platter after I had filled it with pretty decorations, and thought, ‘Yes, that is a photo just waiting to happen!’
We went to The Christmas Shoppe this afternoon to get lights to go out the front of the house. We have the misfortune to live in an estate that goes overboard with decorating at this time of the year … awfully difficult to live up to. Tash has been bugging her father for days to get our pathetic two or three strands of lights up, and of course, when we got them out, they wouldn’t work. I have secretly wanted icicle lights for years, so this seemed like an excuse to go shopping … We will have icicle lights up tonight, and maybe even photos tomorrow.
‘Now that I’m old enough to go up on the room with you, Dad!!!’ says Natasha. 'Says who, girlie??? replies her mother.
Postscript … just went outside to see the progress on the ‘putting up of the lights’, and this is what I found … yup, yup yup ... girlie up on the roof!
More next time …


1 Comments:
YAY for Tash.. every child has the right to think they are invincible and fall off the roof at some point...
cant wait to see pics.. and I want that platter! too cute
Post a Comment
<< Home