It's all about the girl!
Today Tash did us proud at her music recital. Usually I equate attending one of these functions at just a touch under going to the dentist, but today was a pleasant exception. Our girl had a solo today, one of her exam pieces from a week ago, and she played beautifully. The usual dramas prevailed … the person who unlocked the hall where we were to listen to the performance left without turning on the air-conditioning on, unlocking the toilets, and unlocking the PA cupboard. Consequently we were in a hot hall, with fans turned on, that kept music blowing off the stands as the kids played, and kept putting their stringed instruments out of tune, with no PA.Add to that half the Ensemble not turning up, and the fact that the half that was there had never played together, or even seen half the pieces on the program, and had forgotten to bring their music, and two frazzled, cranky, hot music teachers … need I say more?
However, the program (although starting half an hour late!) was relatively short and mostly sweet. (Did I mention that the piano was so out of tune that the teachers couldn’t use the electric tuners they had bought? All instruments had to be tuned down to the piano!)
Tash looked very tired and glassy-eyed. She played faultlessly, one of the few who could say that. And I am her unbiased mother. It wasn’t until the end of the program finished and she sat next to me that I realized she was burning up with fever. She then told me she had not slept well the night before. I rushed her home, turned on the A/C, gave her a Panadol, a wet cloth for her forehead, and a teddy bear … and she seems to be much better.
Wouldn’t it be sad if I had to take tomorrow off and look after her … evil, evil thought! More next time …


6 Comments:
Congrats to Tash on her performance. I hope she feels better tomorrow!!
awww cuddles from teddies always make you feel better!!!
Well done to Tash on her recital!!!
Congrats on surviving the recital! Hope Tash feel better soon. Kids are such trooper when they want to be, eh?
Wow, what a trojan!!
Recitals are scary enough without being so unwell to boot, great going Tash!!
Hope she's all better soon(ish)... rofl
Just typed out a comment.. when a Lego man jumped on my keyboard and deleted it. Loch's blows a kiss to Tash to make her feel better soon!
and he wants teddy....
YAY for tash... hope she is better soon!
and..... how much does tash look like her mum in that photo! MY goodness
Post a Comment
<< Home