Polka dots ...
(Photo credits - Paper by me. Font - Teletype. Stitching by Shannon at SBB.)How can you not think ‘polka dots’ when you see the colours in this photo? So girly … isn’t the sky a gorgeous blue! This is the first paper I have created that has been let out in public, lol! Lots of practising, and I’m not sure it’s something I can do, but I am at least trying. I am doing all the tutorials I can find on creating paper, but I think that the process is perhaps something I need to sit next to someone and watch, and let’s face it, who is going to share trade secrets like that, lol? I find instructions very confusing, but can do anything if I can see it done right in front of me, once. I learn visually. Somehow, I just can’t seem to get the textured look yet. I am going to play more in the holidays, which start for us properly after Thursday lunchtime.
Report time for the boy … and we are very excited to say that his lowest mark was a B+, his highest an A+ for computing, which augers well for a career in IT. We get Tashy’s tonight, and I am expecting much the same report, she always does well. BTW, she got a Credit, a B+, for her violin practical exam, which I was really pleased about. One parent I know promised $$$ for A’s, and her daughter came Dux of her class, and now the parents have to shell out $200!!! Hmmm … Parents, think twice about promising your bright kids monetary rewards for good grades I think! More next time …


2 Comments:
*big round of applause* I studied the pic before the text.. and I was wondering which kit the dots were from.. love those colours! So... you must have done a good job! now to put together a kit!
Love it... fantastic first job!
Yay for you!
Ohh love the dots Sharon...
and want my little discovery on texture...
I think this works lol - but maybe I'm just crazy :) ... what I did when I was trying to get a 'bazzil' cardstock kinda look on a paper.. I actually made the paper 6" x 6" aplied the texture bits in photoshop - then I went into image sizeing and made the page 12" x 12" ... I liked the look after :)
and I so know what you mean - I'm a visual girl too. Have to *see* it to know what I'm doing :)
Post a Comment
<< Home