Sunday, September 24, 2006

Swell ...

Yesterday we visited the Swell Sculpture Festival ... you can visit the website here. I quote from the website ...

'SWELL is a unique outdoor visual arts exhibition along the magnificent Currumbin Beach, Queensland. The artists come from far and wide and include such destinations as United States, England and New Zealand. Swell also has a special focus on local talent and encourages artists to build large, durable work specifically for the outdoor environment. Materials used to create the artworks include steel, glass, timber, copper, bronze and stone.'

Of course it is a photographer's paradise, and the challenge for me was to take photos without the millions of viewers in the background, or worse still, climbing all over the sculptures that were clearly marked 'Do not climb on sculptures!' I will leave you with a couple of shots ... I am on 'work business' today, and won't be home till late, so catch up with you tomorrow!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ohhing and ahhing at your photos. I want to grrrrr at you for not letting me know it was on but the truth is I couldn't have fitted it in anyway! ;(
HOW COOL THO!

Can I book you for a photoday out down there next year?

2:31 pm  
Blogger lynne said...

Look at that fantastic blue sky! LOL about the plug!

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home