Thursday, May 25, 2006

Show me the layout ...

(Layout credits - Papers from Artlines 5 Billy, by Tracy Ann Designs, from SBB. Grunge frame on photo by Jessica Sprague. Font: Avante.)

Here it is ... but only because you asked me so nicely, Lanne! Serious scrapper's block at the moment ... I thought for one dreadful moment tonight that I had FINALLY used up all the layouts inside me tonight. No matter what kits I hauled out of the dusty corners of my harddrive, no matter what photos called to me, saying, 'Scrap me, no, scrap ME!', nothing gelled, and I thought perhaps flowers would feature again on the blog, but just at the last moment, literally ... this one emerged. It was a tricky photo to scrap, with Charlton looking up and out of the page, but as I wandered through my collection of inspiring layouts that I store in Elements 3, this one popped up ...

It is by Coop, at 2Peas, and I guess looking at it now, it is hard to see how that inspired me, but there you go! Life is full of interesting twists and turns ...

Rambling off on another random thought ... I was thinking today how much I enjoy blog-hopping. I have a huge list (no, I'm not telling you how many blogs are on it!!!) on Bloglines, and it is such an interesting mix of people, cultures, customs, arty-ness, creativity, humour, desperation, and other assorted bits and pieces. Today I was entertained by Mary Fran and her furbabies as they went camping, was amazed by the photography on several blogs, was inspired by the layouts on others, was relieved to discover that I am not the only tired, stressed, very busy mum around, learned a little more about autism, and ... well, you get the picture. Lots of schtuff to entertain, educate, enthuse ... long live blogging!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

it is so crazy to see a fall layout in may...i love it...its my favorite time of year and there are always such great photos in people layouts for fall. I love the dots on the right...the perfect touch. im a blog hopper too...when i can. something about seeing whats going on in everyones lives that is just way too fun.

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! I love searching out your LO's. They are all so creative and fresh! But it's nice to know you also get scrappers block! :)

12:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love these.. isnt lil charlton just tooooo cute!

you just need a new muse!

8:36 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Great layout, what a gorgeous cutie he is....

and I so know what you mean about blog-hopping... my day just never seems complete without a trot around the traps for some fresh ideas and a laugh or two :) Off to check out Mary Fran's blog right now lol..

9:33 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL, too funny Sharon. I do keep a little stash of layouts that I see here and there to use as inspiration when needed. This one turned out beautifully, no scrappers block there!!!

I do have to confess that I am a blog hopper as well. Some days I will start at the top of my list and others at the bottom, never really ever make it all the way through.

Here's to happy bloggin'. :)

9:58 am  
Blogger Jodie said...

Gorgeous layout Sharon... he is so cute!

8:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home