Slow Monday ...
(Layout credits - Kit: Happy Birthday, by Tracy Ann Designs. Fonts: Century Gothic, Arial Narrow. Scraplift of 'Love of Music' by Rebecca Cooper.)I have lots of questions tonight ... one of my blogging friends has asked this before, but I'm not naming names, lol! How come no one likes the layouts that you really like? I LOVE this one above, it just fell into place and I felt very satisfied as I clicked 'Save', beautiful colours, great photo (I didn't take it, so I can say that, lol!), good design (scraplifted, naturally!) and yet it doesn't get much of a mention on the boards. It just goes to show that I totally DON'T know what appeals to others, and it is so totally good that I scrap for me, rather than an audience, lol. Ok, moving on to next question ...
Why are Mondays always such unpleasant days? It's almost as if things conspire against me on a Monday, to make my 'not on the weekend any more' day worse. Teachers turning up late to class, or worse still, dropping their class at the door, and saying, 'See you in an hour!' when they are supposed to be 'team teaching' with me, computers not starting, programs not starting, classes who haven't done their homework, a bad headache starting half way through the day, the list goes on ... I was so glad to walk out the door at the end of the school day.
My house was trashed from the weekend, so I put the boy on my computer to stop me sitting down and veging all afternoon, and bustled around, cleaning up, loading up the machine, basically picking up and putting away. The muse is not here on a Monday night, I should let you know. I've played with a layout, then tipped it into the bin. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just tired and a little unwell. I must ring my MIL and remind her to put her Lotto numbers in this week ... she has promised me a share of her winnings, if she ever makes it big, and then I don't EVER have to grumble and complain about my chronic Monday-itis! More next time ...


6 Comments:
Well Sharon I LOVE the LO... but I ask those same questions myself... my layouts I really love are the ones that tend to get the least comments... hmm!!!!
But is that a bad thing? I think you have found a beautiful, clean and elegant style that is SO YOU... and you do it so well... you are scrapping for you and being true to yourself... hey who needs an audience anyway!
Oh dear now this has become an essay... as for terrible Mondays... argh! Not even going there tonight.
I think that even worse than Mondays is Sunday nights because I know that I have to go to bed early and get up early!
Eleni
Sharon, I LOVE this layout. You are so AWESOME with color and placement. Personally I am drawn to clean lines and simple layouts. I do have to agree with you 100% because there may be a layout I see in the gallery that is like WOW and then I notice that it may only have 1 or 2 comments on it and I am like WHAT??? I am starting to guess that just like Art, digital pages are subjective to the viewer. A single layout may be seen by someone as an "OMG - WOW" page, may then be seen by someone else as a "Yeah, it's OK" page. I know, I find it frustrating as well sometimes. I have learned that as long as I stay true to myself and what makes me happy when I create a page then I can't go wrong (it took me a year to figure that out, lol). I am glad you like your layout, you should because it is GORGEOUS!!!
Sorry, just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth, lol.
ps... Kudos to Dad, he looks like a fantastic athlete!
I can TOTALLY relate Sharon!!! It is strange to me how the layouts that are my favorite get fewer interest than some that I question even posting. Personally, this one was one of my faves of yours, the colors were amazing!!! And like you said, it's a good thing that we scrap for ourselves! :)
well I loved it too!
The comments come and go... it depends what is happening in the world, the time you post etc.. i am refusing to post over a weekend any more.. there are enough posts that they fall off the gallery.. and not enough comments to get feedback. I dont look for praise.. as much as feedback....
i almost always love your work.. and I always tell you if i dont.
*hope Tuesday is better!*
Oh Sharon.... I'll always love your work... I have to agree with Lisa's comment, that on staying true to yourself you will be happiest, and your joy in creation will shine through for others to see.
Sorry you had such a rotten day, hope that today was a bit better for you :)
Post a Comment
<< Home