Sunday, January 01, 2006

Just in case you were wondering ...

... this is what I am supposed to have been doing today! Yes, I should have caught up on a week’s ironing, but alas … this is what I was REALLY doing … qwyzzling!!! But that’s it for today. In case you can’t read the small print, I’m on Level 85, and just about qwizzled out for today. Wicked wasted of time, I must say, and so very, very addictive! Tomorrow I must get back into the usual routine, or I am going to get thrown off ALL my design teams, lol!
Now, for the first day of the year … I need to say some clever and profound things! But I’m not going to list all the things I really should do during 2006, but somehow don’t. I might leave that for tomorrow. What I would like to do today is talk about all the wonderful things that have happened to me during 2005.
Today I finished a ‘picture a day’ commitment I made at
PBase last January. My photo gallery has been well received, I have made lots of cyber friends and have ended up with over 100,000 hits on my images. It has made me take my photography a lot more seriously than to date, and even though I won’t be posting a photo a day this year, I will still post images every now and then.
I started blogging at the beginning of September, and have blogged nearly every day since then. This is one of the things I really enjoy in my life at the moment … I love writing and sharing layouts and photos, and it has become another addiction/compulsion in my life. I have people from Australia, the US, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, Canada and France reading my blog … even though most of you don’t say hi, I know you’ve visited and appreciate that!!! *hi Dawnie* . yes, I can ‘see’ you, lol!
I also have special ‘blog friends’ who visit and comment every day, and I want you guys to know that I really appreciate your friendship and comments …
Megan, Lanne, Cass, Yvette, Krash, Sandra, Kelly, Suzy, Peta, Zee … I’ve also met my first ‘online friend’ in real life … and she’s not half as scary as I thought she would be, lol! … *waving at you, Lanne*
This year I was asked to join four design teams in the digital scrapping world, and that was VERY exciting! I enjoy the challenge of constantly creating and thinking and designing, and of course, making new friends. My digital life is very important to me.And yes, I do have a life away from my computer … my DH and I celebrated 18 years of marriage this year. Our boy made an outstanding success, both socially and academically, of his first year at high school, and managed to grow 5 inches in the process. The girl passed four music exams with flying colours, did well academically in her second last year of primary school, and learned how to be a nice person and better friend this year. Oh yes, she grew four inches. Must be something in the water. Here are my finest achievements to date ... I must away ... catch up with you tomorrow!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty impressive year in review Sharon, congratulations on all your achievements! When you finish your ironing, wanna come and do mine : )

8:19 pm  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

You know...I hate ironing..it goes to the cleaners or if I can get away with it I throw it in the dryer for awhile. I love love love this photo of the kids. gorgeous. And I got a mention! woohooo! congrats on everything in 2005. look out 2006!

1:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you did the year in review section....wonderful, some amazing things.
Blogging has become a huge part of my life as well, I love it and I love reading yours.

2:45 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Hehehe... I won't tell you how long it took me to solve that crossword :P

Glad I was one of the good parts of your year... :)

You had a rockin' one by the sound of it.... and I love your picture of your greatest achievements too.

3:14 pm  
Blogger Dena Cooper said...

Great Review!!!!! I hate ironing too. I love the ironing LO though!!! That is too adorable!

4:17 pm  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

Isn't it amazing to know that your blog is read worldwide? I have quite the international following as well, how exciting! Love the ironing layout...I purposely buy clothes that don't need to be ironed (my work uniforms are permanent press, yay!) So my ironing consists of DH's stuff. Ugh.

Happy New Year Sharon! Thanks for the always entertaining and inspiring layouts & photographs you post. You're amazing!

4:52 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

Sharon you should be sooo proud of your photography! It's GORGEOUS and I could only hope to be 1/2 that good one day:) Glad to have gotten to know you too~blogs are good things!

2:39 am  
Blogger Peta said...

Aww what a great year 2005 was Sharon!! Hope that 2006 brings you as many amazing things - and maybe a few more inches for the boy and girl too hehe :)

That photo of them is just STUNNING it so need to be printed and framed I reckon! - would you mind if I had your kids photo printed and framed on my wall ... ROFLMAO!! ;) haha

Thanks for your friendship Sharon -it's been wonderful playing blog/email tag with you and you've certianly put a smile on my face this year!! I love that I get a chance to work with someone who's work I have admired - okay I'll stop gushing now :p

11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home