Saturday, December 24, 2005

We've arrived ...

Now isn’t that a purty sight? Another happy accident with the camera … you guys will begin to think I have started celebrating Christmas early with a glass of wine in each hand, lol! We drove over to a house that had won the Christmas lights competition in our area, and found a wonderful display of colour and movement, and lots of excited happy kids. We had a good look, and just as we were about to leave, I stood on the other side of the street, slowly panned across the house, and moved the camera up and down at the same time. I thought it was a pretty cool effect … did you notice that Santa snuck in, at the top left of the image. DS isn’t impressed … he thinks it is out of focus, but we agreed to disagree. So long as I am happy … he says! He is a scream, he inherits his artistic feeling from his father, lol!
We have escaped city life for a few days and made our way down the coast where we are enjoying the beach life. Of course, there is no surf and no surfboard today. Hopefully the surf will arrive on Christmas morning (what do you mean, we can’t order surf, like take-away???), along with the surfboard that is still on its way. Later … we’ve been down to the pool, and beach, and it’s blowing a gale. DH says, ‘Think of it as exfoliation!’ but I’m not sure I want EVERYTHING exfoliated at the same time, lol! I’ve lasted down there just long enough to get a couple of photos, then head back to the quiet, air-conditioned unit. And guess what the best part is? I have the key, and they can’t get in till they ask nicely through the intercom. *insert evil laugh here* More next time ...

4 Comments:

Blogger ZeeLV said...

Hey gal, I'm SO digging the artsy-fartsy light photo. And I just LOVE that Santa snuck in at the last moment. I have a couple photos that are similar but these were taken while riding as a passenger down the Las Vegas Strip. I need to find those...

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... love the exfoliation comment.. We are jealous.. we need a holiday.. a few days away sounds soooo blissful right now.

Have a wonderful christmas.. and if I see Santa I will mention the wave thing to him ;)

10:23 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

Wow I love the arty farty photo - I have one like that too taken in the city I love it :)

Like Lanne love the exfoliation comment!! Haha - and I hope you didn't make them wait outside for to long!! - Evil girl!!

Hope Santa fills your order for surf tomorrow

10:55 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh cool Sharon!! I've got some of those type of photos from the 4th of July fireworks;) Make GREAT textures! lol~cool that Santa made it in! WOW what a beauty that beach is~can I ship myself to you??? Merry Chistmas!

2:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home