Sunday, December 25, 2005

Wishing you a quick recovery ...

Do you think you can have an overdose of Christmas? … Just wondering! I was waaaaaay too nervous to tell you, my happy readers, that we actually opened our Christmas presents a day early. I know, I know … it was a dreadful thing to do, but hey, I wanted the car full of holiday stuff, not presents with pretty squishy bows that looked at their best under our tree. So Saturday morning we opened presents, helped out with a Christmas program the kids were involved in, and then drove down to our holiday unit.
We had a fun time … the kids did so well financially, as this year most of our extended family did the money thing, which the kids are looking forward to spending in the post Christmas sales. Of course, the kids also got the usual books and clothes and computer programs as well … Santa knows us all so well. Michael bought me a pair of ‘diamond’ earrings … from a local discount store, and they look great!!! Just don’t try having a ‘nana’ nap in them!
Another branch of the family dropped in this morning, for a brief visit. You know those cushions filled with awful squishy cushions filled with slippery polystyrene balls? They give me the creeps, and Tashy has been wanting one for ages, so as soon as Granny found that out, she was on the hunt for a couple. Tashy has a purple cushion, and the boy the tiger-y looking character! And of course, they are the most popular presents to date … no accounting for kids’ taste, is there? They are both zoned out on the kids’ channel on cable tv at the moment, something they don’t have at home. One of the treats of holidays …Now … for some random observations!
Observation 1 – I can’t scrap anywhere but home!!! Sad but true. I need all my home comforts around me to be creative! I am still on dial-up while away from home, and it is almost slower than usual. Somehow the air is different, and the seat I am sitting on certainly is, and the creative urge is still back at home sitting at my messy desk wondering where I am. So although I feel very guilty at not creating layouts, I am going to use the time to work on some PS CS2 skills. Perhaps even learn something I can put to use when I get home … learn how to make stitching, or how to texturize paper, or … the list goes on, as there is always more for me to learn.
Observation 2 – working on a laptop, even a very good one, is not the same as my home computer. I really don’t know how scrappers work on a laptop all the time. The colours are all wrong for me, and the screen is waaaaay too small. Can’t edit my photos properly, and can’t seem to create layouts either ! We live and learn …
Observation 3 – Out of all the people I know, I love my family people the best, and that’s what Christmas is all about … lovin’ our family people! More next time …
PS … the half-empty box of chockies in the top photo? That’s how Santa delivered them, honest!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray that I will get a new laptop: 17" Powerbook G4 before my daughter Tara and I will leave on mission for OSAKA, Japan in March! By the way, my daughter Tara said that your son is so cute and that's odd.... she never like white boys except yours =-) Don't ask me why.....I know what you meant by working on laptop and how small screen... I rely on my pc so much that I'm not used to laptop but since it can be very useful if we take it outside of our homes. I have PS CS 2 and I make my own kits, too. Anyway, have a safe happy new year and have a good day! Will send you some photos soon =-)

5:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home