Saturday, December 31, 2005

Things that make me smile ...

I’m pretty sure I know why we go away on holidays … it’s so that we can appreciate our beautiful homes when we come home again, lol! As nice as it is to be away, I love that feeling you get when you pull up into the drive way, the children unpack the car (you mean your kids don’t help???), and that first load of washing begins to chug away in the washing machine.
I am not complaining … I realize I am VERY fortunate to have all the good stuff in my life that I do, but I must say that sand underfoot, ground into the soap, and even in the sheets of your bed gets a little tiresome after a week. When you are one of many that lives briefly in a unit, you never know whose sweaty body has been lying in the lounge just before you, whose smelly socks and jocks were last in the washing machine as you drop your towels in, and worse still, whose butt has been sitting on the same toilet that you are about to plonk yourself down on … but enough of the dirty talk!!!

Surfice to say, I was SO happy to see my clean washing machine, bathroom floor sans the sand, clothesline full to overflowing with fresh-smelling clothes dancing in the breeze, our bedroom smelling of Pumpkin Spice candles, and a favourite aubergine lounge that is now decorated with children and DH. Oh well, I can’t win them all!!!
More next time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even your blog knows you are home. I swear no links worked this morning. Welcome back.. we almost missed you. I was dreaming of escaping but came up with the same things you did and have worked on getting my house in order instead...but a day away.. ahh the bliss!

8:00 pm  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

Welcome back...I know the feeling...we got home yesterday, and there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed, your everynight bed. Love the photos today! I havent tried Qwyzzle yet, I have been sifting through our trip photos, man I take alot of shots. I intend to though.

12:27 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Hehehe.... I need to update my blog too!!

I LOVE your cool shots of the stuff in your house... I should do something like that, but my house isn't anywhere near cute enough.

I suppose as I got you addicted, it's only fair that I help... but going to bed at 3 am? You're a norti girl!!

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home