Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Look away if you're sick of surfing photos!

Sorry about all the surfing photos, but it was kinda fun standing out in the blazing hot sun, sometimes up to my knees in water, photographing the kids. Both have improved vastly since last year … bigger, stronger, more teachable, I guess. It isn’t so much work for their dad now, as they will turn the board and paddle back out to him, and all he has to do is push them off onto the wave and cheer wildly when they make it onto the wave and up onto the board. Hmmm ... sometimes they don't make it ONTO the board!We visited Kirra Surf for the third time in two days, and bought DH a wetsuit. I wouldn’t like to guess how long he has had the one he has just literally ripped to shreds. He is like his dad … why get a new one when the old one (rotting apart at the seams) is still doing a great job? This latest suit had ripped just above his backside, leaving a well-ventilated view for all to see. Not a problem!’ Says DH. ‘I’m wearing my Speedos underneath!’ ‘Eeeeewwwww!’ says I. Finally twisted his arm far enough, and off we went to Kirra Surf. They will know us by first names soon … Left the bright red wetsuit on the rack and chose a grey one … muttered something about camouflage and sharks not seeing him quite so easily!!!
Pretty low key day apart from the excitement at Kirra Surf … the three surfers in the family went body surfing this afternoon while I went to the local mall. Sale time meant pj’s were on special … three pair of Size 16 (Yup, size 16! Gulp!) for the boy, and a pair of pretty pink ones for the girl, which cost me 1/3 of what they usually cost. Bargain!!! And I also smuggled in a pretty green tshirt with lace, beading and a velvet ribbon detail at the v neckline, for me. I’m having a green phase at the moment … it also means I have something pretty and new to wear while on holidays, always a good reason to buy, I feel.

No more surfing photos tomorrow, I promise. More other stuff instead ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased I wasnt the only one shopping today....

loving the surf pics

6:52 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

All the surfing pics look fantastic, they look like they had a blast. :)

7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The surf looks so great. You look like you are having a great holiday.

8:18 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

I never get tired of your surfing photos! They look like postcards:) WONDERFUL!

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home