Exam dramas ...
(Layout credits - Papers from Fall Delight, at ScrapArtist. Fonts: Arial, Arial Black, Futurist Fixed-width. Inspired by a layout called 'Experience Summer', by Susan Cyrus.)Seems a fairly straightforward thing to do … collect daughter from class, drive to exam, do exam, drive back to school to work! Nope! Nada! No way! First I had to find Tash. I went to her classroom and said, ‘Come to the bottom of the stairs, I’ll get your violin, and then we’ll go together!’ I get her violin from my office, but she is conspicuous by her absence at the stairs. Not in her classroom, not in the car park, not in the library, not in the choir room, not even in the toilets … Eventually I find her lurking near the car, out of sight. So much for being organized … we are going to be late.
The exam is about 40 minutes away, in the country. The Conservatorium is being renovated, so the exams are being held at her teacher’s studio. Ok … deep breaths … we can do this. Halfway there, I glance down at the petrol gauge. Oh … we are out of petrol. Stop to (half) fill the car. Back on the road …
We eventually arrive at the teacher’s house. She comes out to meet us … the examiner got lost on the way and is very late. There are three students ahead of Natasha now, and we will have to wait. And then the examiner jams her hand in the car door and has to stop the exams, take a Panadol and have a cup of tea.
Now we are even later … a bee stings one of the girl’s elbow … she applies ice and then does her grade six exam. BTW, this wasn't the bee that bit her ... I found this one digging for pollen Saturday afternoon.We discover that all the girls have not brought music for the pianist, and it is illegal for our teacher to supply us with music for the exam. She does, anyway. There is a quick flurry to get stickits on the pages the pianist must turn to, before the examiner calls the next girl. Oh, and did you know that you were supposed to bring your fee with you to pay the pianist? Ummm … no, we weren’t told that!!! And why haven’t you photocopied the pages of your pieces so that you don’t have to turn the pages during your exam, Natasha?
Hmmm … we survive the exam. I am too nervous by then to even listen to Natasha playing in her exam, and almost stick my fingers in my ears. The pianist comes back to report that she played well in three pieces, very well in one! Now we have to wait for a week, and finally we will be put out of our misery! Exams, exams, exams … bah humbug! Well, till the next lot next year, at least, lol!
PS. She got honors for her piano theory, and a credit for piano practical! More next time ...


3 Comments:
Where have I been? Wonderful shots of flowers and I can smell its sweet fragrances! Hey, you make wondeful layouts and I like most of them...nice design and colours, too. Sounds like you have so many wonderful episodes in your life and your so fortunate to go to many differet places in such a big state. Hawaii is a beautiful state but small and not too many places to visit or do! Yet, there still are a lot of things to do such as cultural festivals, parades, dancing events, etc.. ok, I'm off to send you some photos so look out for your mail =-)
Woohooo for Tashy!!! And what a nightmare the whole business sounds.. glad it's over for now...
i read it and thought I posted.. maybe not?
puter was as silly as husband so .. who knows..LOL
Feel for you. what a day!
Fingers crossed for Tash.. and well done for the results so far!
Post a Comment
<< Home