Hot off the press ...
Pretty exciting ... I just noticed that this layout is Digi Pick of the Day ... always a thrill. This is what Melissa wrote ...
Layout of the Day - Childhood ends so quickly. and that sense of wonder at the world, and the ability to exist totally in the moment is replaced by cynicism and speed. I look at Gracie so often and wish that I could keep her just as she is now, but I know that won't happen. What I can do is preserve those perfect moments of childhood as a reminder of how I should be. Ksharonk has preserved just such a moment in Beach Girl . The photos of her beautiful daughter at the beach at sunset are so precious. I love, love, love the large ghosted photo of her looking out to the horizon! It seems like she is looking into her future. The journaling is so heartfelt and poetic. It captures the moment without too much exposition...we just feel it. The embellishing in this layout enhances the feeling and the photos with out taking away the spotlight. This is what it is all about folks. Happy NSD!
This is a scraplift of 'Go Belle Go' by C.D. Muckosky, and you will find this layout rotating (can't think of the right way to phrase that!) on the front page of Sweet Shoppe Designs for the month of May. Next layout ...

Layout credits - photo by Maxine, edited by me. Messy White Stitches, Paper Flowers 1, by Katiet Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. My kraft paper. Edges by Atomic Cupcake. Font: Arial.
Another 'borrowed' little one on the beach ... having a great time! I love kids on the beach ... they nearly always seem to me to be totally in another world, relaxed and having fun. Next layout ...

Layout credits - Paper from Frazzle, by Tracy Ann, at Sweet Shoppe Designs. My kraft paper. Font: Avante.
I wonder if the rest of the world does 'Shave/Colour your hair for cancer' day ... We do it every year for a fund raising exercise for leukemia research, and each year, we do the colour thing, and end up with headaches and mess and tangled hair. This year is the last time we will colour Tashy's hair, so I thought I should document the occasion by photographing one of her purple and yellow plaits. Tracy Ann's kit was perfect for this ... simple layout, but I like it. More next time ...



8 Comments:
Lovely LO's Sharon... you are doing well to be scrapping... I am too busy shopping LOL
Sharon... Forgot to say congratulations on being digi pick of the day.
Holy smackadackas I can totally see why you were "pick of the day"! With your talent you should be "pick of the day after day after day after day after day after day".... well, I suppose you can see where I'm going with this, hey? haha
WTG on being the pick of the day Sharon, your clean and simple style is so very stunning, not surprised that your gorgeous layout was picked. All your layouts are Total Eye Candy my dear!!!
CONGRATS on being pick of the day!!! Well deserved~ALL of your lo's should be on there girl:) I haven't heard of shave or color your hair day but what a GREAT idea!!
Oh and THANKS Sharon! You rock:)
Wow! Sharon it is such an amazing layout. Congrats on being the pick of the day.
Fantastic work Sharon and congrats on being the digi pick of the day! Always a big fan of your work babe!
Love those layouts Sharon and wahoo on DPD!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home