Sunday, May 28, 2006

Layout #3 ... first car.

(Layout credits - Paper from Graduation kit, by Jackie Eckles, coming to the shop very soon, at DesignerDigitals. Font: Times New Roman.)

Now shhhhhhh! everyone ... if Jess catches me posting a layout a day ahead of where I should be, I'll be in trouble for sure, rotflol! She hasn't posted the prompt yet, which should be Week #22 ... How old were you when you got your driver's licence? I've sort of kind of maybe perhaps played with that theme, and have journaled about my first car, and my first accident ... nice little bonus is the strange hair, clothes and glasses on the subject in the photo! That's for Megan, who can't believe I ever had sunnies quite that large ... but hey, I have a bigger pair in a photo that's just begging NOT to be scrapped, lol.

Anyhow ... I believe I am now actually a week AHEAD in the Simply You challenge ... first time ever. I actually started scrapping something entirely different, found this scanned photo, and it all escalated from there. So Jess, if you do happen to wander past my blog and notice, it was entirely accidental, and I really didn't mean to do it!!!

Photo editing: this was a nasty scanned 6x4 photo. I edited it as follows, for those who are interested ... edited the Levels, took some black out of the photo using selective colour, played with Curves. Flattened the layout, Smart Sharpened it, then hit it with the chocolate filter from PhotoBlast, I think. Then I dropped the filtered photo on top of the original, and lowered the opacity to about 55%, letting some of the original colour through. Phew ... off to create something else ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh my goodness, look at you!! Love the jeans rofl... I think I had a pair too. and I THOUGHT that was a camera in your hand - had to read your journalling :)

What a great feeling for you to be so caught up!

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon- I LOVE that photo!!! You know- those huge glasses are back in style, right?! :) Thanks so much for posting your editing for the photo too- I've been having a hard time with some older scanned photos and I'm open to all the suggestions I can get! :) Congrats on being a week ahead!!!
T.

1:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow woman - look at that Farrah F style hair and those huge sunnies. Now I HAVE to see the other photo you were talking about. Loved reading your layout, and glad to see that chcocolate was given the same great importance back then that it is now :)

7:24 am  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

Wow! I can't believe how much you and Tashy look alike! I thought it was HER in that photo...then I saw the year, 1984. You were one cutie pie!

12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I had a sneaking suspicion when I saw this posted at DD that someone was working ahead!! You crack me up Sharon - LOVE your take on the prompt - it's like you're psychic or something ;) Thanks for playing along!

7:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home