Saturday, January 21, 2006

Hands up all those who want a new camera?

Today I had a little play with a brand-new Nikon D50. My dad has just lashed out and bought one, and I test-drove it quickly this afternoon. And you will be pleased to know that, 'No thanks, I don't want one!' Surprising, huh? Well, I didn't really give it a good workout but I could hear my Canon 300D calling out piteously from the camera bag, and I really don't want to get on its bad side, lol. The Nikon is smaller and lighter than my Canon with its battery grip that I love, and I found it hard to focus with the Nikon. It was a bit of a relief to me, because I have been thinking towards the Nikon, after seeing some friends produce wonderful images with their Nikons. But as my dad said, it is 95% the photographer, and the rest is the camera. I'm not sure I want to go that far, but I think who is driving the controls is very important. Anyway, camera review over, here are some images to enjoy.
If you are wondering why I photograph Tashy so much, it is because she is so very patient and happy to sit for me while I experiment. And this last photo is a scream ... it will teach her to pull faces when her mum is trying to do serious 'photography schtuff', won't it? It's the sort of photo you pull out at her 21st and embarrass her thoroughly!What a cutie, lol! More next time ...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new photos of tashy.. great to see her personality and freckles shining thorugh.. cute kid!

she looks so different IRL... but still cute...

ok tired now and off to bed!

10:42 pm  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

Those eyes!!! I love my canon. I have tried Nikons, but I just prefer canons. i think its almost what you start on is what you tend to lean towards. shes so pretty!

1:35 am  
Blogger lynne said...

I think it's which camera you feel most comfortable with, the knowledge of your camera and composition, and the most important part is the lens and lighting. Just my two cents, lol. You're photos are always breathtaking to me!

2:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Tashy photos, especially the goofy one at the bottom.. I can just see her doing that to you! Glad to hear that you really appreciate your camera now, but I think you could use any camera and still take outstanding photos.

7:43 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Hehehehe... glad to hear your canon is still safe. I'd have to stop talking to you if you went over to the N*camp... rofl.

But your dad is SO right, it's not what you shoot, it's HOW you shoot - which is why you take great pictures!! cos you're a great photographer.

11:35 am  
Blogger Peta said...

Yeap that'll teach her - that photo is just screaming out to be scrapped [ohh makeing me have withdrawal]Hurry up and scrap it I want to see it scrapped *hands on hips* ROFL

3:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon,
Just dropped by to see what you're doing because I'm missing your pictures on Pbase. Can I tell you that this is just an adorable photo...what an expression on her face! Wonderful...Wonderful....

~Kim

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home