Monday, May 01, 2006

May magic ...

Yes, not sure how that happened, but I turned around and there was May ... Our last month of autumn, then winter hits, which is rather pleasant in my part of the world. The first day of May today, and the other magical thing is that it is yet another public holiday ... no work!!! Hang on ... so far today I have done two loads of washing, done ALL the ironing, vacuumed half the house, refereed several squabbles, been on a shopping trip with the WHOLE family, and it is just after midday. In just over an hour, the new SugarBabe will be announced at The Sweet Shoppe, and I have a scrapping afternoon ahead ... ah, gotta love public holidays.

We trialed, tested and bought a treadmill today ... for a number of good reasons. Partly for the triathletes in the family who want to keep up their fitness levels during winter, partly because the boy needs some form of exercise in his life, and partly for me who enjoys walking but can't leave my treasures unsupervised, and I don't like walking alone at night in the dark. Mornings are always such a rush, and I don't want to get up even earlier than I already do ... sooooooo, we bought a treadmill. I'll let you know how it goes, shall I?

Long-term plan is to turn our formal loungeroom (which isn't formal anymore since the boy and his PS2/computer/gameboy/nintendo moved in!) into more of an activity room, with comfortable seating, a desk, perhaps a flat screen, and some storage for his junk (whoops, sorry his 'very important stuff'). Sounds good, doesn't it?

I have two new layouts to share, and they use the same photo, but you guys are going to pretend that you didn't notice, ok? Thanks! The first is for the ScrapArtist Simply You challenge, 'What do I do for fun?' Pretty obviously, I scrap for fun, lol, but my close second is my photography, and that is what I scrapped.

(Layout credits - Haettenschweiler, Avante.)

Ok, second layout which is TOTALLY different to the first ... did you get that subtle reminder, btw? ... is in response to a great ad challenge at DesignerDigitals, which comes with a freebie. I created my layout before I could download the freebie, so mine is freebie-free, lol. Here is the ad challenge first ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a treadmill, you're all going to be fighting fit soon! Love the layouts and glad you have a good afternoon after doing all that housework.

5:05 pm  
Blogger lynne said...

Oh man, it seems like yesterday when you writing about the heat of summer, I can't believe it's May either. But May is awesome here, where Spring really sets in and everything grows so fast (especially the weeds in my garden).

Make sure you have a TV or radio by that treadmill to help motivate you!

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home