Saturday, April 29, 2006

Busy little bee, that's me!

(Layout credits - Frame on photo from Shmootzy Frames 1, at ScrapArtist. Scroll from Chick Pea, by Rhonna Penner. Font: Avante. Children by me!)

I am determined to catch up on the ScrapArtist Simply You challenge this weekend. I have last weeks to do (What do you do for FUN? Good grief, I scrap, that's my fun time, but how do you do a riviting page on that? Hmmm ... maybe I should make up a secret life waaaaaaaaay more interesting than mine!) The layout above is this week's challenge ... what is the best gift you have ever given? ... sorta easy once I got going, and an online buddy did a brainstorm with me. And by the way, I'm still ready to give them away to the first good offer ...

(Layout credits - Paper Flowers 1 by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals (centres recoloured). Kraft paper by me. Mask by Jessica Sprague. Stitching by Shannon at SBB. Swirl from Chick Pea by Rhonna Farrer. Font: Worstveld Sling Extra.)

Don't you love these sorts of photos with kids, all unaware of what is happening around them? She is totally zoned out, but it all adds up to a great photo, taken by my friend Maxine, edited by me. I received a cd the other day from her, with 500 mbs of photos on it, a digiscrapper's dream come true, huh? Looking forward to working with them.

(Layou credits - Paper Flowers 2, by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. Mask on photo by Jessica Sprague. Font: Avante, Susie's Hand. Photoswap with Andibean.)

This gorgeous girl, of course, isn't mine, lol. Meet Delaney, and I have been lucky enough to scrap this photo, straight out of the camera, edit-free which is really fun for me. Worked a little bit of editing magic on it, adjusted the levels, took some black out of the image, played with curves, sharpened it, then used a filter called Vivid Color from PhotoBlast. I totally love the filters from this site ... highly recommend them, as they don't soften the images too badly.

Guess I should starting thinking up my imaginary fun life ... keep tuned to this station, lol. More next time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

ROFLOL about poor Tash's head being sat on! Sounds just like my house most days, I was hooing that things would improve when they were older... but you aren't giving me much hope. Love the LO's.

7:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow woman....s t u n n i n g layouts there missy. Sadly I can hear Michael and Tash presenting their arguements. How dare they interrupt your scrapping time? How's that secret life coming along?

7:46 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh no, I'm not making an offer for your kids... I've already got two I can't get rid off lol....

And what awesome layouts... and beautiful photos. You are so fortunate to be given such gems to work with!!

9:30 pm  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

the colors are brilliant! as is the layout!

8:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home