Thursday, February 23, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly ...

Let's preface this entry with the following ... I am incredibly lucky to live where I do, with the people I love, doing the things I like to do ... but in the interests of blogwriting ... today's entry is about the good, the bad and the ugly ...

The good ... coming to the end of Thursday and realizing that the working week is now over ... enjoying a joke with friends at work ... buying my daughter running shoes that she is relishing jogging in ... it's the weekend almost, and pretty blue bling earrings are the way to go today ...

The bad ... a cement truck, jackhammer and digger working outside the library door ALL DAY (installing poles for shade) ... babies screaming their heads off at a shopping centre at night, when they should really be home in bed (with their dads babysitting them!) ... the masses of unwashed, unkempt, overweight humanity, all shopping around and on top of me ... having to shop without my shopping buddy who was home cooking for a wake ... the death of a beautiful little 5 yr old girl in our community this week ...

The ugly ... that first unavoidable glimpse in a mirror after staggering out of bed (I am not a morning person!) ... men who insist on shopping with just their shorts on, no tshirt ... the state of my bathroom at the moment ...

And that's the state of play ... more next time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you did really have a bad day on Thursday. I'll agree about the jackhammer... I still have the headache to prove it! So were are the photos of the pretty earrings?

4:54 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

yes yes agree with Megan - photo of earrings PLEASE!

and :( on the bad stuff - specailly the bottom bit.

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home