Sunday, February 19, 2006

Beach play ...

(Layout credits - Photos from http://www.sxc.hu/home. Font: Century Gothic.)

Travel to anywhere in the world? Well, I would start here in the Greek Isles ... and then tour around the region. This is, of course, for our ScrapArtist 'Simply You' challenge, Week 3: Where would you go if you had a free plane ticket? I have almost caught up, with only one more week to do ... Who was your second-grade teacher and what did he/she teach you? The trouble is, I can't even remember WHO my second grade teacher was, let alone what she taught me, lol! I'll just have to run with the general education theme, I guess.
We played at the beach today ... here are some random photos taken from a vantage spot on some rocks, with a 200 mm lens. I had a dirty lens, and didn't realize till I got home, so they are not top quality, and most of them I had to ditch! But you will still get a warm summery feeling from them, I think.

Perhaps an Ironman in the making? Certainly having fun ...

Not terribly impressed by the whole beach thing ...

Watching for a wave ...you never know when they are going to sneak up on you, you know!

I found these girls very entertaining ... you probably can't see, but they were 'made-up' and decked in jewellery! Very pretty!

(Layout credits - Arrows from a freebie at DesignerDigitals. Font: Acoustic Bass.)

Today a junior surfing competition was on, and the kids (not mine!) were practising, then racing back up the beach to get back into the waves for more practise time. So hard to photograph, but I liked the way this one turned out. But finish off ... hope you've enjoyed a taste of our summer. More next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Ok, so I agree with you that a holiday in the Greek Isles would be pretty awesome, (except I hate olives lol...).

And the photos that you did share are fantastic - they are just so "Aussie beach"... love it!

8:46 am  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

i love love love this bottom layout. brilliant. great photograph and great layout.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home