Saturday, February 18, 2006

Five secrets ...

(Layout credits: Black frame from ScrapArtist. Flower doodle from Antiquated Doodles from ScrapArtist. Fonts: Pharmacy, Fixed System.)

Here's my take on the 'Simply You' challenge at ScrapArtist this week, which was 'What are five things that others don't know about you?'. It was very hard to do this week, because most of my dark secrets I want to KEEP as secrets, lol! Journaling reads - I once dragged off a police car at a set of lights ... and didn’t get booked by the two bemused policemen when they pulled me up.I get great joy out of the little things in life ... newly painted toenails, the twinkle in a child’s eye, my DH laughing, brand new twinkling earrings, the first comment on a layout.I fell in love overnight and we became engaged 10 days after we met ... please don’t tell my daughter. I faint at the sight of a needle, yet gave birth to a child without any pain relief at all ... and then did it all over again three years later.I cry at the drop of a hat since I have had my children ... at my children’s achievements, at powerful music, when I see injustice and unhappiness.
You may have noticed that my ScrapArtist blinkie has disappeared from my blog. That is because earlier this week I resigned from the ScrapArtist team, much to my sadness. I have had to cut back some of my scrapping commitments in order to hold on to my sanity. ScrapArtist was my first creative team, and I will miss them all dreadfully, but I intend to still post there, and to continue with the 'Simply You' challenge! I wish ScrapArtist all the best ... it is a great creative place to work and play. Oh yes, I will be visiting the shoppe too, lol!!! More next time ...

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty Jo said...

I just discovered your blog and it is gorgeous! I so love your LOs. You are so very creative. As a designer I don't have as much time as I would like to comment in the galleries but your work always stands out to me. I'm adding your blog to my blog links, hope that is ok. :0)

~Betty Jo~

11:34 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Wow, I love your secrets - and that s/p is sooo cool!!

I'm sure you'll be missed at SA, but you can only be spread so thin.... :)

1:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a wicked LO... so cool.. and you big secret keeper... your daughter is almost certainly going to find out your little secret.. but she is unlikely to be as lucky!

Ohh to be so lucky in love!

3:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your secrets layout. It is wonderful......You were game to drag off a police car, my sister did the same and the only way she could get out of a ticket was to date one of them. It was OK he was a really nice guy.

8:18 pm  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

i love the secrets layout. i dont like needles either!!! good for you for making the decision to keep your sanity...we really like you around here!

12:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh this is sooooo good! I love your secrets! Especially about falling in love and getting engaged so quickly.... that's so beautiful when you can look back now. Excellent!

1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home