Enjoying Friday ...
Digging into the archives for a photo tonight ... this was taken towards the beginning of 2005, and boy, has this boy changed and grown up since then. He looks like a little kid here ... he's a big teenager now!Today real life was more fun than scrapping, lol! In all the years I have had Fridays off work, only about three times have DH and I spent it together. Today was one of those days. We went to the movies after we dropped the kids off at school (nice ring to it, huh?) but couldn't see anything we wanted to watch, so we hit the shops. I jokingly said to DH that everytime we spend a Friday together we spend up big! Last time, we shopped for a new car. Today we found a dvd/vcr player we needed and bought that.
At the moment we have a large collection of video cassettes gathering dust, as our vcr player has been out of commission. I wanted a dvd player hooked up to the tv in front of our comfortable lounge in the family room, so we bought a combination dvd/vcr player. When the kids have outgrown the video collection (which won't be long!) we will upgrade to a dvd recorder, but as none of us really watch much tv, it doesn't seem to be something we absolutely can't do without.
Somehow a Dire Straits and James Blunt cd managed to find their way into the purchase, and a PS2 game for the boy as well. We are without our baby for the weekend, as she is away on a music camp, so it will be a quiet time for us all! So you can see that DH will be happy to get back to work on Monday, and away from the shops and his wife, a very dangerous combination at times!!!
Here's some pretty stuff in, to set you up for a 'sweet' weekend ... back to scrapping something tomorrow, maybe even do a photo shoot ... perhaps twist DH's arm, and the son as well!


4 Comments:
Have a great weekend yourself! I hope you get them to do a photoshoot. We may be atempting ice skating this weekend. I would take the camera, but I've only ice skated once in my lifetime and I remember falling a lot, lol! Love seeing your colorful flowers, they make me looooong for Spring.
Ooooh lucky you guys! I just love a day together like that! Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves too! Beautiful photos... especially those dishes... that's so lovely to look at! Have yourselves a fantastic weekend!
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Have a good weekend Sharon -- I hope you dont miss Tash too much!!
Hope Tash had a great weekend at music camp!!
Some great shopping done by the sounds of it! Pity about the movies though - nothing really on at the moment is there!
Post a Comment
<< Home