Friday, January 06, 2006

Lots to share ...

Some days there is nothing to say … some days I have lots to share! So brace yourself … perhaps get a cup of coffee, and try not to fall off your chair when you fall asleep from boredom …
First of all, a couple of layouts! Something clicked today, and I have done six layouts today … so far! Here are two I can share. First of all, a quote challenge from DesignerDigitals, using a couple of beach photos from last week.(Layout credits: Wordart and black frame from DesignerDigitals. Font: Trebuchet MS.)
And a layout using a funky new paper pack from ScrapArtist called Lime Twirl.(Layout credits: Line Twirl Paper Pack, staples from ScrapArtist. Fonts: Impact, Century Gothic.)
Okay, layouts out of the way … what’s next? Oh yes, must give a big plug to Katie and her new venture called IdeaBooks4U. Not as a member of her design team, but as a satisfied customer, lol! I have dreadful trouble finding and buying books that every digital artist needs!!! I have ordered from overseas, but nearly all my purchases have either been lost on the way, arrive very VERY late, or are faulty when they have arrived, like blank cds. Very disappointing! However, I ordered two books (Designing with Digital, Digital Scrapbooking 4) when the website opened for business the day before Christmas, and 13 days later, both magazines in perfect working order arrived on my doorstep. Thank you so much, Katie! That is a website I will be visiting frequently!!!
Next? The biggest piece of news, and no, I am not pregnant!!! But I AM getting cable … how about that? DH sat me down, and told me this was my birthday present, and my Christmas present, and my Valentines’ Day present, and any other presents he had forgotten along the way … CABLE!!! Only someone who was forced to exist with dial-up, or had someone with dial-up who kept pestering them all the time, wanting to steal band-width would totally understand the utter joy that flooded my soul when I heard those magic words, C A B L E !!! So from January the 20th, my life should be made a lot easier and comfortable. And my good friends can go back to their normal life, without having me knocking on their door every second day, begging for downloads, lol! Must away, have to get petrol, dvds for the weekend, chocolate, do the ironing, tidy the mess I call home ... more next time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Woohoooo what a fabulous pressie!!

And great layouts too, love them both!

11:08 pm  
Blogger Sue (aka Susieq2u) said...

OMGosh - you are a genie with a camera, Sharon. I am in awe of your surf shot! Sheer magic (not to mention a humungous amount of talent!) The inked edge is nothing short of ideal and the inset the final touch! - whoa love this! Now - gotta read the rest of your blog - had to comment straight away - sooooooooooooo breathtaking!

9:20 am  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

Love that photo...you really are so good. The water looks so wonderful...not to mention the beautiful girl. I also love that quote.

I didn't dial up still existed, haha. Its going to be like entering a new dimension. WoooHoooo. This means you can look at twice as more blogs in half the time!

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home