Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Don't go making promises ...

... on your blog that you can’t keep!! Like, for example, a birthday and anniversary layout! Oh, I had good intentions … I took 45 (yes, 45!) photos of Michael during the day, and have one or two to play with, lol! He is getting self-conscious about being in front of the camera, and I don’t have the relaxed, candid look I am looking for. Here is one of the photos I like … You might recognize that look, those of you that have children of this age … the PS2 stare. Total and utter concentration on what he is doing. I do have a layout bubbling away quietly that I will share in the near future.
Until then, I have one I prepared a little earlier for you!!! I took my tripod and 200mm lens (and camera, in case you were wondering!) down to the pool yesterday afternoon. I had the telephoto lens on so I wouldn’t get splashed obviously! I got a nice one of Tash, and it didn’t take long to whip this layout up, using one of the ads I found at Just Ad Inspiration. I just love the colours in the pool … the late afternoon light did something special to it.
(Layout credits - idea from an ad at Just Ad Inspiration. Fonts: Apple Garamond Light, Two Century MT.)
Michael enjoyed his birthday, scoring a new PS2 handset, a new game, and a huge Bionicle set to construct. He is not sure what to play with first … we had a discussion about quantity of presents versus quality of presents, and he decided he would have both, which wasn’t exactly what I had in mind, lol! He is a very loved and spoilt boy! But hey, you only turn 14 once, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL! I am really loving having a teenage boy!!!
Today I caved in and upgraded my Site Counter, even though it cost an arm and a leg. I have a lot more options now at my fingertips … and guess who wins the prize for being my most frequent and faithful visitor? Tune in tomorrow, and I will let you know!!! More next time …

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna win it. I will make you my home page..LOL...

Whats the prize?

Happy Birthday Michael.. and happy anniversary to you both.

9:57 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

Again Happy Day Michael!!! lol~I already see that look on my son's face when he plays and he's only 7:) Happy anniversay Sharon!! Girl you are a WHIZ with that camera!

12:50 am  
Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

Wow, lots of stuff going on there. Happy Birthday to Michael, and Happy Anniversary to you!! You really are a whiz, love both of those shots! and I absolutely love the LO. So I guess thats how i look when play too, then huh.

8:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm having a lot of boys here at my house, playing PS2 with my son because of christmas vacation...arrrggghhhh!!! Where are their parents?! Just kidding! I found out that my son is going to have new X BOX..oh no not that one again..... so addicted to playing the games!

Happy Birthday to your son and happy anniversary.... Our anniversary will be on April 12th so it will be our 22nd!

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home