Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bloomin' beautiful ...

A slice of pink to start your evening or day, whatever it may be! I discovered another pretty kit called Bloom over the weekend, created by an Australian designer whose layouts I noticed in the SBB gallery. I was excited to find out that she was the designer of the kit that was showcased in her work, and I tracked her down. I had known her as a paper scrapper first, and was amused to find she had ‘gone over to the dark side’ … and those are her words. I could only find two kits created by Tracy Ann, but I sure hope more are on the way. This is the kit … … and further down is the layout I created starring my favourite (and most co-operative!) model!
(Layout credits - Kit: Bloom by Tracey Ann. Messy Stitching from DesignerDigitals. Font: Teletype.)

If you are interested in buying this kit, it is for sale at Karen’s Scrappin Kupboard. It is interesting to see paper scrappers taking the leap, and then realizing it is the only way to go, lol! I had a few momentary pangs leaving my paper scrapping behind, but the benefits faaaaaaaar outweigh the loss!
I did something fun but highly illegal today … I joined in a CT chat while I was at work. It was so much fun getting to know the girls that live on the other side of the world in another time zone. For most of them it was early Monday evening and for me it was almost lunchtime Tuesday. I had a little break from teaching, so logged on, started chatting, and in walked my principal! Isn’t that always the way? I’m sure he could work out what I was doing, but he was gracious enough to ignore what I was up to. Oh well, it’s not something that happens very often, but it was an important event to be part of. And it was FUN!
More next time …

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughs.. you are so naughty!
but isn't it good to break the rules every now and again!

Beautiful kit.. Mmm not sure I need it when I scrap for a little boy but... my neice is coming up so maybe I can get some decent photos (honestly..cant really be bothered scraping the happy snaps my sister and mother churn out!)
She will be 7 months old and ripe for the photographing..so maybe!

7:37 pm  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

You sneaky, sneaky woman! LOL, while I don't have access to chat at work, I AM on the 'net constantly...checking email, my favorite sites (SBB, blogs!!) So, SHHHH, don't tell MY boss, heh heh.

11:53 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

haha I know what you mean about the chat times!! I got hello set up as all my DT girls seem to have that - and I get to chat to them often on there so that's always fun, and maybe one of the things that keep me up to late of a night time!! HAHA

3:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spending Saturday afternoon surfing and discovered your layout at SBB, then your gallery and then your blog! Scrolling down and I read this.... thank you so much! I love your layout.. your photography is beautiful and your style is so what I love in scrapbooking. I do have more kits that will be back at SBB soon I hope.. I have been dabbling in digital this year but only recently have I actually come out of the closet (so to speak :).. I was still hanging on to my paper side! Anyway thanks so much for promoting my kit!!!

Tracy

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home