Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bloom where you are planted ...

Isn’t this a beautiful kit? I see lots of potential in it. It is called Bloom by Kellie Shults, and I love the blues and pinks, and the pretty little flowers in it. I took this photo of Tashy today, and knew immediately that it would work with this kit. Very simple layout, but when I added some extra bits and pieces to it, they detracted from the photo and papers, so I left it the way it was.
(Layout credits – Kit called Bloom by Kellie Shults. Font: Book Antiqua.)
We took our family shoot (four adults) outside this afternoon, to near the little lake in our estate. Tashy and I wandered down early, and ‘test drove’ some possible locations for shooting. Part way through our experimenting, she sat on a rock, and right next to her was a 2 ft goanna, a big lizard. I tossed her shoes over next to him to ‘encourage’ him to leave, but he ignored us, and finally Tash poked him gently with a palm frond to get him to move on. Goannas have a bad habit of running up you, perhaps thinking you are a tree!!! Lots of ants and mosquitoes … but I think we managed to get a good photo or two of the family group. I only had 15 minutes to work with, so it was a bit of a rushed job.

More next time ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

15 Minutes? Wow, that's a tall order!

Can't wait to hear if they turned out well...

Love that kit btw... have to get it myself lol...

10:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Thank you for inviting me to your blog and hey, this is very nice looking! I love that beautiful kit and I must have this! I never purchase anything at SBB and I should because I'm an oldie there =-) By the way, I used to be blogger till last month, I moved to typepad. I love it but it's not free like this blogger =-) Your LO all are beautiful and so is your daughter...gosh!

Hugs, Yvette (AlohaMamma)

5:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home