Monday, October 24, 2005

Artistic discipline ...

(Layout credits - Kit: The Good Life from ScrapArtist. Stitching from ScrapArtist. Font: Century Gothic.)

Every now and then you come across a kit you love … and this is another of my favourites, called ‘Good Life’ from ScrapArtist. I love the colours in it, and the pretty stripes and florals. I’ve put a preview of the kit below so you can see what you are missing, if you haven’t snaffled it, lol!
Did you notice that nasty word in my title for this blog? Discipline … hard to say, hard to do. I find I am a lazy individual deep down, and need to have some sort of framework to work to, or I never do much at all. With my photography, I joined PBase this year, and signed up for PAD, a Photo a Day. This ensures that I use my camera on a relatively regular basis, and try new stuff. With my scrapping, since starting this blog, I have tried to do at least one new layout a day, which is stressful in a way, but makes me scrap, instead of surfing and looking at everyone else’s creativity!
I am a CTM for two websites, ScrapArtist and DesignerDigitals, and try to scrap turn about, then scrap a layout for myself, using whatever kit has taken my fancy at the moment. It’s working at the moment, even though sometimes I am wondering where the next creative thought is going to come from.
So … here’s a challenge … set yourself a little mission, complete it, and enjoy yourself in the process … To finish off, here’s another photo of my gorgeous baby, from the weekend wander with the mozzies and lizards and ants down by the lake.
More next time ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home