Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wordart Wednesday ... off you go!

(Layout credits - Wordart by *vintagecharm*. Messy White Stitching by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. Arrow from Book Bag Essentials by Gina Cabrera. Font: Splendid 66.)

Yup folks, it's Wordart Wednesday at Megan's blog, and it's a goody! Race over there and snaffle it while it is still warm! I ran up the above layout before dinner, have been sitting here for what seems like hours, and have nothing more to show for all that time playing in Photoshop, lol. So ... dum de da da ... what can I do to amuse you?

Oh, I know ... how about a pet hate and a pet love? Ever since my daughter grew into my sock size (i.e. her feet are almost as big as mine!) I have discovered that I really HATE sharing socks. We both wear plain white socks for a number of reasons. Me, because I love plain white socks. She, because they are part of her school uniform, and apparently she likes white socks too. And lots of plain white socks in the wash sometimes translates into them getting mixed up. My white socks stay nice forever, as I don't wander around the house, out into the garage, and (if I not watching!) out the front of the house wearing my white socks and no shoes. She who will remain nameless does all of those sinful activities, and her/my/our white socks bear witness to that fact. Hmmm ... HATE putting grotty white socks on my feet after she has trashed them. Must work out some quick and easy way of identifying and sorting our white socks.

Ok, on to the pet love ... I love new socks. Can you sense a theme here? My guilty secret ... when I'm grocery shopping, sometimes I sneak new socks into the trolley, perhaps even sometimes when I don't positively absolutely totally need new socks ... and that way I always have fresh white socks to wear. So share a pet hate and pet love, why doncha?

I need to say a big hi and welcome to my new blog visitors ... oh yes, I can see who you are and where you come from, lol. Lots of visitors from Norway, Germany and lots from topdigiblogs ... I'm not sure why the sudden influx of visitors, but it's lovely to have you all visit. Say hi, won't you? More next time ...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe.. well if shewhocan'tbenamed doesn't care about her socks - why not mark them.. i don't know.. with a T - and she can wear them here there and everywhere... until she is busted..LOL

or.. you could stitch a cross (perhaps in lime green) on the toe of your perfect socks.

My love - cooking - cooking yummy scrummy new dinners/old favorites.. it really is one of the ways that I show love to the boys - pet hate... them pushing it around their plates and leaving bits behind..for no apparent reason. (eg. they eat all but 2 peices of mushroom) grrrr (ok now I sound as neurotic as you..LOL )

10:17 pm  
Blogger lynne said...

Ok, I'm laughing about the white socks! I was never allowed to wear my white socks outside the house as a kid and that stuck with me until I met my husband. He, on the other hand, will walk all throughtout the yard with just socks on. Now, I've loosened up and don't care (for the most part) where I walk with just socks on. BUt I do go through a lot of bleach, lol!

11:30 pm  
Blogger Jodie said...

Oh I hear you about the white socks, I reckon I should have shares in Napisan.
Love the layout. My pet hate... hmmm which one should I confess to... I hate it when my books are not straight on the shelf...see neurotic as well LOL

11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sharon... this made me chuckle! DD just borrowed a pair WHITE socks from me last weekend... DD later seen playing soccer in the back yard. In those no-longer-white-socks. ugh. :)

And, my pet peeve... not turning off the lights when leaving a room in the house. (Although, I personally leave my little table lamp on in my room... for shame!)

Guilty secret... peanut M&Ms hidden in the file cabinet to munch on as I sit at the computer... soooooo bad! ;)

6:40 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I'm going to have to put some thought into this one.... I'll see if I can come up with something when I get home from shopping :)

9:32 am  
Blogger justine said...

Great pet peeves. Mum and I have a similar problem with our black socks.

2:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe with the socks, for her's or yours (Whichever you prefer) maybe put a coloured stitch in a spot, so then you can tell :)

7:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a funny girl about your socks...my pet hate would be people that drink (shudder) cold coffee when you can drink perfectly fine hot coffee (my love). Love your layout as always and for the shout out about the word art!

11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home