Still doing the washing ...
No layout for tonight ... school, then swimming classes, then haircut, then one episode of LOST with DH = no scrapping! But that's ok, every now and then, life gets in the way of scrapping, and you just have to go with the flow. But I can share a couple more photos from yesterday's impromptu photoshoot at the clothesline.
'Sharon, I love the way that you capture the "now", you make the day-to-day moments come alive and make them a fond memory - loooove that!' ~ Candylou.
'The brush strokes are just the perfect touch with this photo and paper Sharon. You know, I've been sitting here staring at this and wondering just what it is that always draws me to your photos so. Not to say that your technique isn't superb (because it is) but I think it's the subjects themselves! Your children are so attractive....just look at the graceful line that girl's body forms reaching for the laundry. Yup, you make good art AND good looking kids! ' ~ Pattie.
Gives me warm fuzzy feelings, that does! Yup, I have made good looking kids (with a little help from their father, lol!) and now all I have to do is work out the 'how to keep your room tidy and keep on task' gene and I will make a fortune!
What I started out to say is that I really have taken on board the ideas I gleaned from Ali Edwards, in one of the recent CK mags, where she talks about the importance of recording the everyday events, rather than the really spectacular things that happen. I know for a fact that I would never remember Tashy's excitement at reaching the clothesline, or the boy's recent adventure with the vending machine if I hadn't photographed and scrapped those small but important milestones in their lives.
So ... my challenge to you is ... scrap a small every-day event in the life of someone around you, drop me a link here, and I will post your layout here on my blog, if you would like me to. There will be a freebie at the end of it, for all participants ... sound like fun? See what you can come up with ... more next time!

'Sharon, I love the way that you capture the "now", you make the day-to-day moments come alive and make them a fond memory - loooove that!' ~ Candylou.
'The brush strokes are just the perfect touch with this photo and paper Sharon. You know, I've been sitting here staring at this and wondering just what it is that always draws me to your photos so. Not to say that your technique isn't superb (because it is) but I think it's the subjects themselves! Your children are so attractive....just look at the graceful line that girl's body forms reaching for the laundry. Yup, you make good art AND good looking kids!
Gives me warm fuzzy feelings, that does! Yup, I have made good looking kids (with a little help from their father, lol!) and now all I have to do is work out the 'how to keep your room tidy and keep on task' gene and I will make a fortune!
What I started out to say is that I really have taken on board the ideas I gleaned from Ali Edwards, in one of the recent CK mags, where she talks about the importance of recording the everyday events, rather than the really spectacular things that happen. I know for a fact that I would never remember Tashy's excitement at reaching the clothesline, or the boy's recent adventure with the vending machine if I hadn't photographed and scrapped those small but important milestones in their lives.
So ... my challenge to you is ... scrap a small every-day event in the life of someone around you, drop me a link here, and I will post your layout here on my blog, if you would like me to. There will be a freebie at the end of it, for all participants ... sound like fun? See what you can come up with ... more next time!



6 Comments:
Wow, that sounds like a great challenge! I'd love to give it a go :) and I totally agree, you've got gorgeous kids, and when you work out how to make them clean, tidy and focussed, I'll be there for the injections!
Hey you SHOULD be proud of those kiddos!! Not complaining about doin' the laundry, I'd LOVE to borrow her:)
LOVE your challenge! Right up my alley as the everyday moments are what most of my pages consist of!! You tend to remember b-day parties and Christmas, etc...but it's the little things in life that are soo very precious and that I stuggle to remember about my own childhood and my mother especially:D Now to get to work soon on your challenge!
Ooh loving this challenge Sharon... I'll be back soon
Okay... I've done two
http://www.digitalscrapbookingdownunder.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=2
http://www.digitalscrapbookingdownunder.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1
Thanks for the reminder, I loved that article, just keep forgetting to have the camera handy.
Great challenge! I promise I'll try to participate! ;)
you DO make gorgeous kids Sharon, no doubt about it.
Yippee a challenge, I am always up for a challenge :), just what I needed for some inspiration this morning. Thanks Sharon.
Off to check out the rest of your post that I missed this weekend (wow have you been busy girl)!
Post a Comment
<< Home