My Muse has left the building ...
(Layout credits - Fonts: Times New Roman, KR Heartalicious.)You know this happens, don't you? You have holidays, you have fine weather, you have quiet kids ... and what happens? Your Muse gets up and gallops away ... probably to Megan, or Cass, or Lanne, or Suzy, or Peta, or Jodie's house ... and you spend all day frantically trying to think creative thoughts ... and absolutely nothing happens. Well, almost nothing. I ironed, made beds, fed children, washed clothes, cleaned bathrooms, watched a movie ... and tried to scrap! But nothing.
Almost nothing, to be strictly honest. The layout of Michael above popped into my head just as I should have wrenched myself out of my seat and prepared dinner. Don't you love that? The Muse wanders back in the door, just as I have to leave the computer. It almost hurts, the longing, the desire, the overwhelming urge to get that layout out before it disappears ... *sigh* ... BTW, I did get up and feed the boy, lol. The rest of the family had already disappeared for Strings practise. Gotta love a quiet Monday evening.
The layout is a touch dark, a little intense, but the photograph sort of created this layout. Being a teenager with high functioning autism is not an easy thing, but I see through the darkness and see the colours underneath. I will always do that for him ... he will always be my son, my finest creation, my sadness and my great joy! My Michael ... more next time!


7 Comments:
nope...no muse to be found at my house. Only the cleaning muse today, haven't even opened PS! Those lyrics are just perfect for your layout of Michael! He always be your finest creation and love no matter what!
Hope your muse returns tomorrow :)
Checks under the bed.... nope, no muse lurking around here!! And that layout testifies that yours was just having a holiday break, like you! What a stunning photograph, and perfect lyrics. Love the heart.
okay okay I'll send it back!! But can you wait till I have finished all these rak layouts?? ROFL!!! he must of came back to you while I was off watching telly and having dinner hence the bad timeing on his part!!...
- no seriously [yes I *can* be serious :P] MY OGOSH that layout is just so powerful I love everylittle pixel of it. WOW!! The photo is the power behind it you're right but the choice of 'quote' just gives it the heart of it all.... did I meniton that I love it????
The lighting on him is gorgeous!
Sandra, beautiful layout, love the "dark" feel of it... it is tough being a teenager, gosh I wouldn't go back there for a million dollars.
Can't find the muse here tonight, definitely wasn't with me all day, only grumpy staff, grumpy customers... waste of time being at my house today. Bet he's back with you by now.
I have a huge knot in my throat from yoru layout. It's so beautiful. I love your style.
blubbering like a baby - your words really touched a chord in me. glad your muse returned
Post a Comment
<< Home