Accepting the challenge ...
Lots of challenges this weekend ...
The first major one was sewing Tashy's skirt. I literally haven't sewed for about four years. DH brought home a rough pattern and 2 metres of fabric ... Tash needs a skirt for this Saturday night, and I thought you could make it. Hmmm ... yes, well, in another lifetime, I did sew! But that was about three crafts ago ... and I'm not sewing now, but apparently I was. I was sure the machine would have rusted up completely, but I dutifully hauled the dustbunnies out of its inner crevices and crannies, applied a good dosage of oil, turned the engine over several times at varying speeds, and I was surprised to find it in pretty good working order ... better order than the sewer, me thinks!
Of course, a skinny-waisted daughter with long, loooong legs obviously wasn't the usual customer, so I had to add 15 cm of fabric to the bottom of the skirt. Oh, I'm not going to bore you silly with the tale of the sewing up of the skirt ... I am boring myself here ... so surfice to say, skirt was made, daughter and husband were thrust out the door at one, and I have had a very peaceful afternoon of scrapping. I have a son somewhere round the house too, but he is off in the Playstation/PC mode, and I haven't heard a squeak out of him. I know he is here, cos at one stage, I sent him off to the shower, and fed him dinner!!!
Challenge two ... catching up on my (neglected) Simply You album. I think I was three, almost four weeks behind. I love the quote that goes something like this ... 'Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me at once ...' That's sort of the way life has been lately, and it seems to have got in the way of my scrapping. Anyhow, I have been thinking of my SA challenges, and had these layouts worked out in my head for a while now. The first is all about the impact technology has on us ...
The first major one was sewing Tashy's skirt. I literally haven't sewed for about four years. DH brought home a rough pattern and 2 metres of fabric ... Tash needs a skirt for this Saturday night, and I thought you could make it. Hmmm ... yes, well, in another lifetime, I did sew! But that was about three crafts ago ... and I'm not sewing now, but apparently I was. I was sure the machine would have rusted up completely, but I dutifully hauled the dustbunnies out of its inner crevices and crannies, applied a good dosage of oil, turned the engine over several times at varying speeds, and I was surprised to find it in pretty good working order ... better order than the sewer, me thinks!
Of course, a skinny-waisted daughter with long, loooong legs obviously wasn't the usual customer, so I had to add 15 cm of fabric to the bottom of the skirt. Oh, I'm not going to bore you silly with the tale of the sewing up of the skirt ... I am boring myself here ... so surfice to say, skirt was made, daughter and husband were thrust out the door at one, and I have had a very peaceful afternoon of scrapping. I have a son somewhere round the house too, but he is off in the Playstation/PC mode, and I haven't heard a squeak out of him. I know he is here, cos at one stage, I sent him off to the shower, and fed him dinner!!!
Challenge two ... catching up on my (neglected) Simply You album. I think I was three, almost four weeks behind. I love the quote that goes something like this ... 'Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me at once ...' That's sort of the way life has been lately, and it seems to have got in the way of my scrapping. Anyhow, I have been thinking of my SA challenges, and had these layouts worked out in my head for a while now. The first is all about the impact technology has on us ...

(Layout credits - Circle in 'hello' from Designit Jumbles, by Tracy Ann at Sweet Shoppe Designs. Font: Century Gothic and Avante.) It was heaps of fun to do ...
Second layout, for Week 12, was all about recording a recent conversation you had with someone. This was one the boy and I shared recently ...

(Layout credits - Square from Designit Jingle, by Tracy Ann, at Sweet Shoppe Designs. Font: Avante.)
Long post tonite ... better finish off ... someone better wake Megan up, she's drifted off to sleep ...


1 Comments:
'cuse me missy! Glad you've had a productive day, even though it involved sewing. Really love your phone layout, it's a great design!
Post a Comment
<< Home