Camping woes ... I mean ... joys!
(Layout credits - Kit: Ms Muffet kit by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. Fonts : Susies Hand, Avante.)Be sure to check out the DesignerDigitals store tomorrow ... lots of new stuff will be out. The above layout is using one of Katie's cute new kits, Ms Muffet ... how can it not be cute with a name like that? I promised myself I wouldn't use a kraft paper background for at least a week, and technically speaking, this isn't craft, it's called Cream, and that isn't kraft, is it, lol?
Layout two is using a photo a friend took of her daughter and boyfriend ... aren't they cute, and yes, that was taken a couple of years, and they are still together! They really are as nice as they look ...

(Layout credits - Sacked Harvest Paper Pack by Katie Pertiet. Notebook series by Tia Bennet. Messy Cream Stitches by Katie Pertiet. Snap Frames by Katie Pertiet. All from DesignerDigitals. Font: Typist.)
So did you notice a 'camping' reference up near the top of my blog? Not sure how it happened, but yes, we are going camping, for a whole five days and that means NO INTERNET! My children were discussing this today ... 'Is mum sleeping in the TENT?' asks one. 'Well, I guess so!' says the other one. 'Or she will have to sleep outside!' In my own defence, I need to let you know that I spent three weeks on the road not long ago, drove halfway across Australia and back, to our 'red centre' (desert, where Ayers Rock/Uluru is), and I lived to tell the tale. We camped with a camper trailer, a tent construction on top of a trailer. And yes, it wasn't much fun, but I got some great photos ... the big pity was it was all pre-Canon Rebel. And that, dear reader, is how I am being tempted to spend a few days at Carnarvon Gorge, the photographic opportunities are stunning, so I will put up with the complete lack of comforts for a few days. I am not an adventure girl, I love my home comforts, my internet and computer, my shops ... I could go on and on and on ...
We bought a tent today ... poor DH should have known better! He ended up walking out (staggering out, actually ... it weights 26 kilos!!!) with a tent twice as big and twice as expensive as he had intended! That's what happens when you shop with Sharon, and you would think after 20 years, he would know that, lol!!! And it is good thing he has several degrees too, cos it is going to take a man of great intelligence to work out how to put it up ... let's hope the cyclones are well and truly over before we hit the camping and walking trails ... guess I should finish off for tonight. More next time ...


7 Comments:
oh dear, that will be a long week. Sharon with no internet, you better tell those kids to behave because I predict you'll be feeling a little edgy :)
Love the layouts too!
Gorgeous layouts Sharon. Camping! You have my sympathy, I don't like it either...I like the great outdoors, as long as there is a hot shower and electricity at the end of the day. Just keep focussing on the photos!
ok when i stop laughing.. i will post a comment.. promise...
ok ... a little composed...
Camping.... oh dear.. i feel that you and I might well agree that the only stars that bear sleeping under are 5 stars...
Can't wait to see the pics tho!
You know funny enough I was thinking on this weekend how I'd love to go camping again .. haven't been since I was like 14!!! [omg way to long ago now]
I can't wait to see all the photos when you get back!
Oh, how exciting for you!! I'm totally jealous, I NEED to get away for a few days and of course, the shooting opportunities alone will be worth the inconvenience.... but we'll miss you!
How WILL you survive without the net for a whole 5 days??
Oh, and yeah, no it's not kraft.... *much* rofl...
Ooooh you get to go camping? I'll trade ya... you can stay here and slop the critters! hahaha
Love, love, love all these layouts of yours!
Post a Comment
<< Home