Thursday, March 30, 2006

I know there is a digiscrapping world out there somewhere ...

... I just can't get to it!!! Every night this week so far I have been away from my computer ... last night was a digiscrapping class. I am trying to bring some paper scrapping friends over to the dark side of the digi underworld, and believe you me, I don't have to try very hard, lol. One friend last night said it was the highlight of her week ... can you believe that? They are very keen, very enthusiastic, so the 'lessons' will continue. Last night we worked on a b&w photo, with a coloured part, like a bunch of flowers. (I'm sure there is a technical term for that, but I am sooooo tired and worn out that I can't think straight!) We learned all about The Font Thing, and then opened a freebie kit, and revised putting papers and elements in a layout, using my 'Sophie Girl' as a template. (Stuff like copying and pasting squares of paper, working with strokes, font work.)

The biggest hassle for me is working in Elements 2, which is on the computers in the lab we use. I never really used E2, as I started in PS7, so it is a real learning curve for me too, trying to find everything, and finding to my great sorrow, stuff that works in PS CS2 that is just not in Elements. Our little class (Megan and I do the 'teaching' together!) is so enthusiastic that they won't stop for coffee and biscuits ... how keen is that?

And tonight, dear reader ... what I am doing? Making a LONG blue skirt for my daughter to wear to a Strings Ensemble performance this Saturday night. I haven't touched my sewing machine for literally years ... and I'm afeard that it might have rusted away completely ... but tonight it comes out, and I sew. Albeit verrrry reluctantly.

And reaching right back to Tuesday night ... I did a layout for the Inspirations Gallery at DesignerDigitals, and of course, can't share that yet! Lots of effort but no sharing yet ... Of course, there is only one more sleep till I'm on holidays for a fortnight, so I will be scrapping away then. So don't desert me ... hold that spot ... I will be back ... sometime very soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Oooh and I did miss you!!

Holding my spot!

And can you teach me how to make a slide too - yours looks so fantastic!!

10:21 am  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

Congrats on your recruitment efforts!! Love the fern photo, absolutely beautiful.

5:32 pm  
Blogger Jodie said...

Gorgeous photo... I'm missing you too. Holidays - lucky you.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

Ohh love that photo sharon!! Sounds like the classes are great fun!! Hope the sewing went well!!

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home