Sunday, November 06, 2005

Summer holiday ...

Anyone see the irony in this photo, lol? The kids and I headed back to the unit this morning after dropping DH off at the race headquarters, and the rain bucketed down. Michael looked at me, looked at the pool, and it was a mad minute dash to get into the gear and goggles, and into the pool before the rain stopped. No storm, (thunder and lightning), so it was quite safe. Love this photo of them ‘enjoying’ their summer holiday …
Doug did really well … he was pleased with his time and the state he finished up in. He could still walk … but only just.

Here he is at the end of the race propping himself up on his bike and smiling … but the smiling bit is because I asked him to, lol! I drove home (2 hour trip) through torrential rain and heaps of traffic, so it was a relief to pull into the driveway. It was sooooooo good to get home. And to finish off, this is what the parrots were getting so excited about yesterday! More next time ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ah...swimmin' in the rain!! How fun!! My kids wanted to do that this summer but it was usually lightning & thundering so...maybe next year! Now that I've found you I'm going to add you to my blog! I LOVE, love your designs and your photography~those parrots and flowers are just BEAUTIFUL:)

11:29 am  
Blogger ZeeLV said...

How fun!! I remember it raining often when we lived in the Philippines and we would play out in it (no swimming pool nearby though!)

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home