A promise ...
(Layout credits - Blue flower and Drop Shadow Action by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. Stitching by Shannon at SBB. My kraft paper and clip. Font: Tangerine and Century Gothic.)
I saw this 'clipping flowers' idea a while back, and thought what a cool idea, and tonight, it popped up in my layout. Don't know if there is a technical way of doing it, I just chopped a couple of flowers up, added some drop shadows and clipped them! Voila! I love the rich colours in Katie's flowers, and the blue matches the girl's eyes perfectly.
I thought of several interesting things to blog about today, but now ... I have nothing, lol. I DO know that one of my designers has a new fab collection out tomorrow. I'm setting aside part of my day to do several layouts ... just have to find some fresh photos. So do check back tomorrow night, and I should be able to show previews. It's also Freebie Friday, and my little offering for tomorrow is all zipped up ready to go ... I'm off to watch 'Bones' ... I love Kathy Reich's books. Till tomorrow ...
I saw this 'clipping flowers' idea a while back, and thought what a cool idea, and tonight, it popped up in my layout. Don't know if there is a technical way of doing it, I just chopped a couple of flowers up, added some drop shadows and clipped them! Voila! I love the rich colours in Katie's flowers, and the blue matches the girl's eyes perfectly.
I thought of several interesting things to blog about today, but now ... I have nothing, lol. I DO know that one of my designers has a new fab collection out tomorrow. I'm setting aside part of my day to do several layouts ... just have to find some fresh photos. So do check back tomorrow night, and I should be able to show previews. It's also Freebie Friday, and my little offering for tomorrow is all zipped up ready to go ... I'm off to watch 'Bones' ... I love Kathy Reich's books. Till tomorrow ...



3 Comments:
great color match. i have that happen all the time...ill be driving home and think of stuff to blog about and then i get home and i cant remember a thing.
if you are looking for straight design one of my favs is communication arts. the design annual and advertising annual which come out once a year are worth the subscriptoin alone. in store they cost $30 american dollars and the subscrip is $50. i get PRINT too, which is good as well. and i buy design books like crazy. our place is filled with bookshelves.
Love your photos, your clean style...and hope you found some fresh photos, so we can see some more of your beautiful LOs, soon!
This is absolutly lovely! the way you used the flower is so cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home