Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A thousand words ...

(Layout credits - Paper from Betty Paper Pack (coming soon), arrow from Arrow Stamps by Jackie Eckles, at DesignerDigitals. Black stitching from Story Time kit (coming soon), Drop Shadow Action by Katie Pertiet at DesignerDigitals. Font: Tom's New Roman, Tangerine.)

I really do have the most patient and long-suffering children where my photography is concerned. To date, we haven't had any 'going on strike and refusing to co-operate with Mum' episodes, though I must admit to seeing a very resigned look in this boy's eyes here. I often think that I am very fortunate to have relatively photogenic children ... imagine how tough it would have to be if I had to pester my friends and relations, just to get photos. I think this is the hardest thing where my scrapping commitments are concerned ... getting enough photos to scrap on a daily basis. My digital layouts are inching up to #1,000, and that's a lot of photos, huh? Guess I should be grateful that I am basically a 'one photo' scrapper ... I would really go through the photos if I had more than one on a page.

I picked up the latest Simple Scrapbooks mag this week ... though it is the July/August edition, a downside to living on the other side of the world to where it is produced. Lots of inspiration, new ideas, layouts ... and I recognize so many of the names under the layouts. I love SS and CK ... if I was only able to buy TWO scrapping mags, those would be the two. What I would really like now to find is a good design mag, with outstanding ads, colour combinations, good font work ... so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Must away ... more next time!

PS. I've reset the paper pack freebie, Summer Sweetness ... if you missed out and would like to pick it up, click here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emilie said...

Oh what a funny pic Sharon!! ;))

12:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon-
I love the look to your layouts. They are simple, yet tell a story with a very graphic designer feel to them. haha Does that make sense? Very, very cool!! :)

12:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new magazine that I love is BluePrint! I think it is part of Marths Stewarts empire but it is awesome! There has only been one issue but I think it is awesome!
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=learn-cat&id=cat21548&_requestid=55711&rsc=SC287206

3:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "Before & After" magazine... online or in print. wwww.bamagazine.com I subscribed for the last year... pretty cool stuff.

LOVE the colors in that paper... perfect w/your photo of the boy! Super as always!

3:15 am  
Blogger Jo said...

wow girl!! You've got to keep that camera goin' cooperation or not:) I say get em when they're making faces! Good for bribery...lol!!;)

4:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon... funny thing. Just picked up my mail and I have a brochure/flyer for a graphics magazine... coincidentally! :) I have no idea if this is a good one or not, but the flyer looks good... "Dynamic Graphics". Since you were looking, thought I'd share... :)

10:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great photo and LO !
Thanks for the lovely papers !

11:03 am  
Blogger DebF said...

love this page, and such a cute poem! you're gonna love the Sept/Oct Simple (mine came Monday by sub), it's one of the best to date - lots to inspire

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home