Friday, July 07, 2006

Computer-free day ...

Did you miss me? It's like this ... our holidays are almost over (yes, that IS me you can hear weeping loudly and uncontrollably in the background!) and I am surrounded by mess and dust bunnies and junk. Can you have a spring clean in the middle of winter? Yes, I thought so, and I had one yesterday, and by the end of the day I was exhausted. This is some of what I did ...
  1. burnt double-layer dvds of psd files from the first couple of years of digiscrapping. Somehow my 200 gig backup external harddrive was full. Now, how did that happen???
  2. cleaned my computer area ... dusted, put away, threw out, tidied ... you get the drift.
  3. cleaned the front spare room to the extent that we can actually walk in there now.
  4. cleared off the small round table that is used more for a dumping ground than for any other practical reason, like eating off!
  5. sorted out the boys cd/dvd/pc game collection. He takes a dvd out of the player, and puts the disc in the nearest cover, sort of round robin affair, which means it is always an adventure finding a dvd you want.
  6. vacuumed several rooms.
  7. cleaned a bathroom.
  8. washed, dried, and sorted a coupla loads of washing.
  9. took 2 kidlets food shopping ... hey, that's a good thing. I give them a basket each, and they have a list of stuff to get, and it takes us half the time. And if they are busy filling the basket with schtuff they like, then they're not fighting.
  10. spoilt my children ... the girl is a big Star Wars fan (it bores me witless, even tho I love science fiction!) so I bought her a set with #4-6 in it, bought the boy a Bionicle he wanted, and the older boy in our family a Top Gear dvd that he has been wanting.
  11. Posted a parcel, picked up a bank cheque, dropped books off at the 2nd hand book shop, delivered some overdue cds to a friend, dropped a couple of bags of outgrown clothing to a dropoff centre.
  12. Made a work-related phonecall that I have been putting off all holidays, and worked on paperwork for a submission for funding for the boy.

You know what, I'm exhausted myself just reading the list, so I'm gonna stop ... hope your day was as productive! More next time ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Computer-free day... OMG...faints... what is that LOL!
Glad you had a productive day, although as I sit here surrounded by dust, mess and more mess, you are making me feel a tad guilty.

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home