First day back ...
(Layout credits - Kit: Brushed Petals kit by Katie Pertiet, at DesignerDigitals. Fonts - Avante and Haettenschweiler. Scraplift of Angelic by Sarah Klemish, April CK.)This layout came out of an excellent article by Ali Edwards in the April CK, where she encourages us to scrapbook our lives right now, to concentrate on the smaller things that happen in our lives right now, rather than the big events. It is a major achievement for my boy to go off by himself out of his protective mother's sight, and cope with the frustrations life puts in his way. Anyone with a special needs' kid will understand where I am coming from here, lol. And I recommend you read the article ... it is full of good schtuff! Actually, the whole CK is a good 'un this month ... well worth the read, and full of inspiration. And who doesn't need a little inspiration every now and then, to get the creative juices churning ...
Today was a good way to start back at work ... I helped with catering for our pupil free day ... lots of cutting up of salad stuff, making drinkings, putting slices on plates, that sort of thing. Sweet ... considering that the rest of my friends/staff mates were busy being bored witless in irrelevant meetings. Tomorrow, the rubber meets the road, back into the classroom ... but hey, only 10 weeks till the next lot of holidays, lol.
Some more camping snippets ... 7 kms into our long hike, Michael informs me that his sports shoes are too small, and that he needs a new pair. Thanks, son ... we are only 8 hours from a shopping centre (well, our home shopping centre!) and it is a public holiday! He does this all the time to me ... discovers that his shoes are waaaaay too small at the most inappropriate time!
Must away ... the ironing is calling! More next time ...


7 Comments:
I love the new banner Sharon and the layout is gorgeous!!! LOL about the sports shoes - reminds me I need to buy new shoes for Abi as well!!
I just LOVE the way your blog looks!! So crisp and clean with gorgeous photos, love it!
LOVE your last few lo's!! Sooo sorry I haven't been great on the comments lately~I'll try to do better but you know I LOVE your stuff:)
Sharon, your work is soooo exquisite! Love you! SusanC(urtis)
Sharon, your layout is wonderful! the everyday moments are so important to capture, and you tell about this one so well. awesome stuff.
love the layout and the story behind it. and i want one of those sidebars that rolls with layouts like that! brilliant!!!
Oh this is soooo touching! Right to my toes! I just love this layout and the whole thought process behind it! So fabulous....
Plus I'm a Skittle fan too! haha
Post a Comment
<< Home