Happy Birthday, Megan!
It's my blog, and I'll sing if I want to ... so it's a good thing that I don't want to sing happy birthday to Megan! But I am wishing you, my special friend, the very bestest and happiest birthday today ... and I'm so pleased you are one year older and closer to me!!!
The other fun thing about having a blog, is that you get to say nice things about people and THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT! *sinister laugh* Megan is one of the most creative and talented people I know, and one of the cleverest things I ever did was bully her into 'trying' digital scrapping, cos I knew once she tried it, she would willingly prance over into the dark side of the scrapping world, lol.
We have known each for coming up to eight years, and have been Friday coffee buddies for many years, as we have the good fortune to have Fridays off together. Our families just assume that we will spend Fridays together, and more often than not ... we do just that. We coffee, we shop, we scrap, we do all sorts of relaxing and fun things together. Makes the week bearable, when you have a fun day at the end of it.
The other wonderful part of our friendship is that I bounce ideas off Megan, and ask and get valuable cc on layouts that sometimes are missing something or feel unfinished. It is invaluable, to have someone who will tell you exactly what is wrong, and then how to fix it, lol.
So thank you Megan.
Thank you for being my friend, for sharing my vices like shopping and coffee and bling, for introducing me to new vices, where you help me expand my vocab with lots of new, interesting words, and helping me add to my music cd collection, for suggesting that yes, I do need ANOTHER new pair of earrings, for encouraging me when I am down and almost out, and for being a totally trustworthy and just plain nice person! Here's to another heap of years as best friends and Friday coffee mates ...
PS. Layout credits - Kit: Lazy Daisy by Kim Crothers, at Creative Snaps. Inked Edges by Atomic Cupcake. Fonts: Avante and Typist.



2 Comments:
Oh you evil woman (in a nice kind of evil). You made me cry reading all that, you're not supposed to do that to people on their birthday! I just adore the card...thank you for the special thoughts and well wishes. I'm not taking credit for the interesting words, can't possibly think what the **** you are talking about :) but will always encourage the bling addiciton and the coffee time :) Thanks babe, you're one in a million.... luvs ya!
Im backkkkkk from Kyoto and I lived there for three weeks!!!! I will tlel ya more stuff but wanted to say hello, konnichiwa and aloha! Can't get into my blog yet..grrrrr with typepad and of course, the bill! By the way, wonderful layouts on slide! Love it and I gonna get one for myself!
Post a Comment
<< Home