Friday, March 10, 2006

What's in a name?

(Layout credits: Font: Century Gothic, Loosie Script. Flower brush: not sure, can anyone help me?)

This week's question for the Simply You challenge was a hard one ... so I ignored it, and went off on my merry way in a completely different direction. It was something like, 'Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, to what and why?' I couldn't think of anything, so just used the question as a springboard, and asked my parents why they called me what they did. Apparently they were both convinced I was a boy, but that was obviously not to be, lol. I don't particularly like my name, but I can't think of anything else that would be ME, so I am stuck with it.

Had a great day ... went to see 'Walk the Line' with a friend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think both the main actors should have won Oscars, they were so good. Great music, but such a sad story. Artists often have such tortured and unhappy lives, I sometimes think. Much better to be pretty ordinary, I think. I didn't know Johnny Cash's life story, so as much as you can believe a movie, I am now a little more educated about the man.

I haven't scrapped much today ... too busy movie-ing and shopping and doing the day-to-day stuff of home! I ran out of cat food yesterday, and Doug hid his last tin of tuna (which I am apt to feed to the cat every now and then!) and poor Pusscat only had milk for breakfast. When I got home from the shops, I fed him, about 4 pm. Then he turned up a couple of hours later, and demanded another feed! That cat has a good life, I tell you!!! He knows which door to camp outside. Well, must finish off for the day and find my bed ... more next time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

Oh, I LOVE this layout. and what a great pic of you, adorable! and your right, artists do lead tortured lives.

12:32 am  
Blogger Jo said...

How cute!!!!!!! What a cutie patootie you were. Shoot!! STILL are:)

1:37 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh such a pretty layout Sharon, love the black and reds with that wonderful (unknown) brush, lol and a totally fabulous picture of you when you were a weeee little one. I think Sharon is a beautiful name, I love the "shhh" at the beginning, sort of seductive and sexy, lol.

I haven't yet seen "Walk the Line" but would really love to. I love Reese and Joaquin (loved him in Gladiator). We don't have a movie theatre in this tiny town and with no family or new friends in sight, it will probably be a while before we get anywhere near a move theatre, ah well, we love DVD's as well.

9:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that you? Pretty haole keiki! Know the fact that there are so many Sharons in my dad's family and I don't know why but I don't dare to ask them! Even, my cousin named her daughter ABCD and yes, it is an officially name. Man...I think that it is an odd name and I can't imagine what her daughter would think when she will be in her teens. Such a wonderful layout!

9:58 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh, aren't you a cutie!! That's a gorgeous photo, and I love the journalling too!

See, you're a bad influence... I joined this challenge, and straight away, didn't answer the question either lol...

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home