Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sometimes creativity goes on vacation ...

(Layout credits: Paper from Random Blue Minis, words from Random Blue Words, from Tracy Ann Designs. Brush frame from Web Challenge at DesignerDigitals. Inspiration from Web Challenge at ScrapArtist. Blue distressed frame by vintagecharm. Fonts: MA Browny t00, from Digital Designs Essentials, KR Heartalicious.)

... and no matter how hard I try, the layout just won't jell. I think I spent about four hours last night working on this layout, and at the end of the night, I saved it into a WIP folder. This morning, I thought I would check out the web challenge at ScrapArtist for this week, and found this ...

I think out of all the stuff I use for inspiration, ads and websites are my favourites, probably because they are well-designed (they have to be!) and to the point.

I had my very own designer custom-make the blue distressed border (thanks, Megan!) and she suggested the font, so by the time I got to the end of all the credits, I am not sure that much of it is mine, lol. But I'm happy now ... and you would totally NOT recognize the sad effort from last night in the above layout, lol! It is funny the places that creativity takes us, and that we eventually end up at! I'll probably be back later today, just wanted to share this layout. More next time ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh, I know exactly how you feel!! But I love the finished product, even it if was a "joint production"!!

12:11 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

lol~YOU ever have a lack in creativity??? PLLLLease!! Seriously though I know exactly how you feel...I've been going through that since I've been back to work. The IRS sucks everything right out of ya!

12:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great challenge and good inspiration piece... I loved cyber scrapping with you, it's always good for a laugh and chat and thanks for the kind words, I'm just glad to pay back some of the help you've given me :)

8:12 pm  
Blogger Sue (aka Susieq2u) said...

Passing by and thought Id drop in! So glad I did - some wonderful pages Sharon and those photos always blow me away. No one does simplicity quite the way you do! And the most adorable end Iv'e seen in a long time! Great idea for a LO! Hope your week flis by!

8:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love how inspiration changes layouts. I was fighting my way through a layout when I saw your Blue Eyes - and you inspired me! You can see my lift here: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=147499&cat=500&ppuser=8572
Thanks, Sharon! Your work never ceases to amaze. :)

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home