Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Back to the grind ...

Well, can't seem to add a photo through Blogger again, so I'll chat, then add it through Hello! Life is obviously not meant to be easy. So so day today. I had lost the headache, but still felt fragile around the edges. And my memory ... totally shot today. I was trying to catalogue some new books, would look at the price on the back page, and by the time I had turned the book over to write it on the front page, I had forgotten the price! Someone told me that sunstroke can do that to you!

Book Fair went home today ... great relief! We have our library back to normal, and over $400 worth of free books to put on our shelves. It is so nice to get some new stuff out to the kids. I really love the library side of my job ... not so sure about the teaching and IT side, that's just waaaay too much hard work, specially with computers that WON'T work and kids that don't WANT to work, lol. But enough of work ... I enjoy eating and don't want to be fired this week!

Tashy has sort of recovered from her triathlon ... I think it took a lot more out of her than she was expecting. There were 2,300 kids swimming, biking and riding ... which is a lot of kids in a small space, if you think about it. Add the same number of bikes, and as many parents, and a hot, sticky day ... and it all adds up to exhaustion. She did so well. I've just realized I didn't write anything about the race, but you saw from the photos that she had a fun time. She is seriously considering doing another one in a month.

I am seriously worried about her bony shoulder blades though. I think she is burning what little fat she had off, so I am going to be watching what she is eating. Mind you, she eats like a horse, but it is very healthy fat-free stuff her father 'enjoys' eating. Must away, enjoy the two layouts above, more next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Mmm she is very thin, but then if she eats not much you can do about it LOL! At least she is eating, unlike the continual battle with one of my children! Love the LO, and pleased to hear you are both recovered.

12:19 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh yeah, just the amount of kids there sounds like a marathon, without the whole run/swim/bike thing... And I know what you mean about skinny, I can't get over how skinny the track athletes on the tv are sometimes... you can count their bones! It makes you nervous! Glad you're all recovering nicely though!

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home