Monday, November 14, 2005

Toot! Toot!

(Layout credits - Kit: called Diva by Dani at ScrapArtist. Stitching by Shannon at SBB. Fonts: Century Gothic, Bodoni Classic Ornaments.)
Aren’t these the most delicious spring and ‘little girl’ colours? This is a beautiful freebie from ScrapArtist by Dani, and when I saw the kit arrive in the gallery, I went hunting for a photo to go with it. Usually the design process goes the other way for me … start with photo, and find kit. But not this time … I love the pinks and blues, and they go so well with white space. And what a look on Miss Elizabeth’s face. I’m not sure her mother will want a copy of this photo, but it fits the quote and kit beautifully!
Toot! Toot! I hear tooting all over the digital scrapping world at the moment, and I am pleased to say I have another layout being published in an Australian magazine soon. Will let you know when it hits the stands! THIS time it is a layout I really like, of Emma that I took in April, and now a pretty pink page is where the layout used to be in SBB. I LOVE seeing ‘removed for publication’ in my galleries … SUCH a thrill.
And here’s a tip … if you want to be in print, you have to submit! Then grow a thick skin, and when no one wants your beautiful work, don’t despair, just try again! Sooner or later, it’s going to happen. More next time …

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sharon - that is so great!!! Which mag? I will have to keep an eye out for it. Well done!

6:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is really great. All your layouts are really beautiful so I'm not surprised.

7:54 pm  
Blogger Peta said...

Well said on the how to get published!! Congrats again :) :) - I love looking through my gallery and seeing the little covers - and hehe I hate having to put the layouts back - want to leave the little cover there!! HAHA

I love Dani's kit too - just used it myself ;)

7:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your publication. Can't wait to see it in print.. it will be my first ever scrapping mag!

10:14 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Woohooo for you!! C'mon, which mag, which issue!! Can't wait to see it.

And I love that Diva Kit - why O why did I have to have BOYS??

9:36 am  
Blogger Jo said...

Congrats Sharon!!!!! Very well deserved!! Wish I could get that magazine here...I LOVE your pages~every single one of them! You're sure right about growing a thick skin with submitting!! I've tried and tried but no more luck after SSdigi4~I'm not complaining though!!!! Gotta luv the process:)

4:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home