A memory ...
[Memory Cards set by Lanne, at Sweet Dreams Shoppe.]
Found a photo of my mum on her honeymoon, and thought I would create a little memory, using one of Lanne's memory cards. Isn't she gorgeous? My parents are celebrating their 47th wedding anniversay this month ... not bad, huh?
Now Cass ... are you out there? I need to tell you that I would rather cut off my mouse fingers (you know, the fingers you use to click on the mouse with?) than tear up magazines, but it really came down to the fact that very little in the mags can be used, so tear (yes, tear!) the pages out, and make room for new pages. Once I started, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, lol. Scrapping five or six years ago is verrrry different to scrapping today ... mostly plain cardstock, very squared and block-like, bad photos, lots of cut-out titles, little journaling, and what little there was couldn't be read easily. So anything older than 2 years is going to get a good going over, and then binned. I'll take some photos of my 'inspiration book' when I am home next with good light and share. Which reminds me ... it has a nasty black cover that I want to paint ... wait for it ... green. Any suggestions on the type of paint I can use? Oooops, I've just seen the time ... time to go to work ... more next time! :)
Found a photo of my mum on her honeymoon, and thought I would create a little memory, using one of Lanne's memory cards. Isn't she gorgeous? My parents are celebrating their 47th wedding anniversay this month ... not bad, huh?
Now Cass ... are you out there? I need to tell you that I would rather cut off my mouse fingers (you know, the fingers you use to click on the mouse with?) than tear up magazines, but it really came down to the fact that very little in the mags can be used, so tear (yes, tear!) the pages out, and make room for new pages. Once I started, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, lol. Scrapping five or six years ago is verrrry different to scrapping today ... mostly plain cardstock, very squared and block-like, bad photos, lots of cut-out titles, little journaling, and what little there was couldn't be read easily. So anything older than 2 years is going to get a good going over, and then binned. I'll take some photos of my 'inspiration book' when I am home next with good light and share. Which reminds me ... it has a nasty black cover that I want to paint ... wait for it ... green. Any suggestions on the type of paint I can use? Oooops, I've just seen the time ... time to go to work ... more next time! :)



5 Comments:
I'm here - always!
Ok, 5 year old mags aren't so bad lol... and yeah, they're kinda dated considering how fast THIS industry moves! Can't believe I have an SM subscribtion clear thru the next 2 years rofl...
Can't wait to see your inspiration book - I hope it works for you next time your mojo goes awol.
What a beautiful memory for your parents you have celebrated. Love it :)
OK so I am behind.. no hello ..no blog posts.. I need to catch up!
Not sure about painting the plastic without it peeling. Cover it in some pretty green paper maybe? you could print off something you create digitally and cover it?
Gorgeous layout Sharon. Hmmmm maybe I need to sort through my magazines... and not just the scrapping ones. Lol at you painting the folder green.... now how did I know it would be green!
Totally AWESOME, Sharon! And, for what it's worth... green is good! *grin*
Wow, what a great photo of your mom! Wish my parents had some good pictures of their younger years!
Post a Comment
<< Home